Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: foxwoods dealer mistake - what to do?

I blame the dealer and the player. Leaving anything to chance when there is alot on the line is not smart. If you notice you have an inept dealer, make the adjustment and be more emphatic with your moves. I don't want to be harsh but this type of thing can be avoided.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...also i don't talk loud at the poker table, and in fact earlier in the hand when i raised preflop she didn't hear me say raise, and my neighbor had to confirm i did say it

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should:

1) Learn to speak up;
2) Learn from prior experiences;
3) Not act like a WPT-wannabe with the whisper and hand wave;
4) Not blame others for either honest mistakes or mistakes of your own doing.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:10 PM

Get used to crappy dealers these days. The poker boom doesn't just bring in many bad players, it brings in tons of inexperienced dealers. Unfortunately, even the worst dealer can still make a pretty damn good buck dealing poker, despite their collosal ineptitude.

Also, don't brag about your drugs (bee-otch) unless you plan to share them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] A friend with weed is a friend indeed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al
Old 11-25-2005, 02:12 PM

Gotta kinda agree here. You gotta speak the frig up at the table and make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR what your intentions are. Avoids "situations."

al
Old 11-25-2005, 02:23 PM

What if your opponent held JJ instead? I doubt if you would have posted. Not that I don't think it's okay that you posted to vent a little. It sucks to lose a huge pot on the turn of a card. But as they say, that's poker.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you might also stop using the hand wave.

The problem with the hand wave is that it is used to mean, all-in, check, and fold so players who insist on using this move are just asking for trouble

[/ QUOTE ]

He VERBALLY declared all-in, or did you miss that part?
Old 11-25-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you might also stop using the hand wave.

The problem with the hand wave is that it is used to mean, all-in, check, and fold so players who insist on using this move are just asking for trouble

[/ QUOTE ]

He VERBALLY declared all-in, or did you miss that part?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't it miss it at all, I took it in context, he already stated that he speaks very low at the table and earlier in the same hand the dealer didn't hear him (since he is aware of this he really should take care to make sure that his actions are clearly understood by the dealer).
Old 11-25-2005, 05:39 PM

I've been thinking about this hand a little more and think that you made a big mistake. Villian calls off his whole stack with AJ without hitting the Ace or jack and you left this game?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been thinking about this hand a little more and think that you made a big mistake. Villian calls off his whole stack with AJ without hitting the Ace or jack and you left this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd already planned on it being my last orbit of the trip. also i was stuck 800 for the trip before i sat at the table, and this pot was about 800, so there were a few triggers for me getting upset.

one thing about me talking too low: i did speak loud enough for my neighbors to hear me, and for my opponent in seat five (i was in seat two) to hear me. i should've thought to speak up after the dealer didn't hear me preflop, but in the twenty seconds in between these two events, i had other things on my mind - such as getting my opponent to call off all his chips while way behind.

oh and chesspain, i do not understand, what is wrong with wanting to be on the WPT?!?

edit: one change i am going to make is if i have a lot of low denomination chips in a NL game, and not many high denom ones, i will cash in some of the lows. if i'd had a few hundred in green chips this never would've happened either.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

one thing about me talking too low: i did speak loud enough for my neighbors to hear me, and for my opponent in seat five (i was in seat two) to hear me.

edit: one change i am going to make is if i have a lot of low denomination chips in a NL game, and not many high denom ones, i will cash in some of the lows. if i'd had a few hundred in green chips this never would've happened either.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Doesn't matter if your neighbors hear you. Just the dealer. You still don't seem to get it.

2. The guy had about 150 left. Shove 3 stacks of red. You don't have to count them out. Who cares if they are 15, 17 and 12 chips tall. (but you should have them stacked up in 20's). That covers him. If you were too lazy to do that, you would be too lazy to toss in a dozen greenies.