Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: TT river decision..

if we have to overcall, we are screwed, one of the other villians will have the better hand. We have to beat two players on a crappy board as opposed to having to beat one player if its HU. I don't understand how you aren't seeing that fact. overcalling here sucks
Old 12-14-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if we have to overcall, we are screwed, one of the other villians will have the better hand. We have to beat two players on a crappy board as opposed to having to beat one player if its HU. I don't understand how you aren't seeing that fact. overcalling here sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is that the person we're much more of afraid of here is the bettor. The caller could have a whole sleuth of hands and like I said, basically any pair.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 PM

The more I think about this hand the more I like a river check. I think if we check and CO bets we can be pretty certain he isn't betting a 9 there and can fold, regardless of what button does. If it goes check,check, bet by button then I think we can call as he may be betting a weaker hand here, or trying a last-ditch bluff attempt.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 PM

The bettor, though, can't have a whole slueth of hands if he's truly passive and betting in to two players on a 3-flush, AK high board. Though the caller may have a decently wide range here, it still chips at our equity.

edited: worst run on ever
Old 12-14-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bettor, though, can't have a whole slueth of hands if he's truly passive and betting in to two players on a 3-flush, AK high board. Though the caller may have a decently wide range here, it still chips at our equity.

edited: worst run on ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I'm liking the line I posted above.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:57 PM

the benefit of checking is that you can make a good fold when someone bets. the drawback to checking is that you never get value from any 6, 8, 9, 22, 33, 44, 55, or 77, because they will not bet these hands when you check.

the reason you would check and fold here is because the players are good enough that you know they would only call with hands on the flop and turn that now have you beaten a large percentage of the time, and that these players are good enough that you know they will not call with 3rd/4th/5th pair here now that the A and K have fallen. these players do not fit this description.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the benefit of checking is that you can make a good fold when someone bets. the drawback to checking is that you never get value from any 6, 8, 9, 22, 33, 44, 55, or 77, because they will not bet these hands when you check.

the reason you would check and fold here is because the players are good enough that you know they would only call with hands on the flop and turn that now have you beaten a large percentage of the time, and that these players are good enough that you know they will not call with 3rd/4th/5th pair here now that the A and K have fallen. these players do not fit this description.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they have to think that hard to check-through with a pair of 8s when there is a K, an A, and a 3-flush on the board.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:42 PM

They may be loose passive, but that doesn't mean they're 90/2 guys. They called two cold preflop. A good percentage of their 3rd-5th pair hands are now two pair hands with the presence of the ace and king.

Loose and passive != total river donkey.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:50 PM

Check-fold.