Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 05:09 AM

Default A4s slowplay?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> Hero?

The Button is about 18/10/2

I like the slowplay on the flop. I will entertain explanations of why this is bad. My thinking is that I am ahead of every hand except 1 at this point. More importantly, all hands are drawing almost dead. Also, I have excellent position because I am behind the preflop raiser. It's an automatic check I think. Once the player before me calls, I decide I will wait until the turn to make a move. I am positive the button likes his hand and will bet on the turn so I hope get at least 1 big bet out of the other player.

My big question is on the turn. Do you 4 bet this. I think the Button can sniff out the slowplay with the check raise, but he still 3 bets. Only 2 hands beat me, but he is a thinking player so I just call.

On the river do you bet/call, bet/raise, check/call?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: A4s slowplay?

I fold or raise this hand preflop, but if I've called it, I'll call the raise too I guess. I like the flop and turn play, except I would cap the turn. Now in your situation I would bet the river and call a raise, while if you had capped the turn and came out betting on the river, you could consider folding to a raise.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:29 AM

I would never slowplay the flop in a raised pot. Especially not with trips. I might consider it with a set in a small pot, which is a stronger holding in a situation where it is less to loose. In this case I think the decision is if you should bet into the preflop raiser hoping to trap SB and MP2 for two cold, or if you should check raise for value. Personally I would bet into CO hoping for a raise since he is quite aggresive. I have been outdrawn with hands like this one too many times to even consider slowplaying. Looking forward to see what others have to saly.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:31 AM

I wouldn't have limped in with A4s with only 1 limper before. I know you have good position, but I don't think it's enough

I hate slowplaying, as you couldn't be sure that the button would have bet out.

I don't think button is on a flush draw, otherwise he wouldn't have 3-bet on the turn.

I'd raise/call the river
Old 11-02-2005, 06:27 AM

I don't mind the checkraise but I would do it on the flop and trap MP2 for more money. If Button 3bets I cap MOST of the time.

I wouldn't give Villian credit for a boat until he 3bets/caps the turn.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you could consider folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 11-02-2005, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[/ QUOTE ]

But seriously... no. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[/ QUOTE ]

But seriously... no. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This hand has to go to the showdown barring a disaster (i.e K turn K river).

I seriously like the slowplay here. There are 2 players + me going to the turn. THere are no draws and at best they have a combined total of 4 outs assuming they both have pocket pairs (otherwise they will need to hit runner runner which is about 4 outs again at best). I can't recall exactly why, but me read on the pf raiser is that he really is strong especially with the flop bet. I am 95% sure he will bet the turn. Since the other player called the flop bet, I am pretty sure he will call 1 turn bet and I can trap him for 1 more. Most of the time I am SO far ahead in this hand it is ridiculous, and if I am going to get sucked out on, it was bound to happy anyway (i.e pocket pairs filling up) so I might as well extract as many big bets as possible.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold or raise this hand preflop, but if I've called it, I'll call the raise too I guess. I like the flop and turn play, except I would cap the turn. Now in your situation I would bet the river and call a raise, while if you had capped the turn and came out betting on the river, you could consider folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

no................

why are you folding or raising with a limper in front of you too?

Edit: I also bet the flop and donk the turn given previous action
Old 11-02-2005, 09:56 AM

I think slow playing here is fine. There are no draws.

Betting into the raiser would probably drive out the first 2 players and although check raising the flop is probably good you may be able to trap the 2 limpers for a big bet vs the small bet by waiting for the turn.

I am not sure what 2 hands you think beats you. Clearly KK. Although possible but not likely would be JJ and 77. I would have played the turn as you did. I would think he is holding KK or AK. I would check the river and call.