Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 12:04 AM

Default 2 Questionable . . . $1/$2 Hands . . . Looking for advice?

Hand One

Im in the Big Blind with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 calls ... MP2 calls ... Button calls and SB calls.

I raise. All call. $10 in pot

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks ... I don't know why but for some reason I bottled it and didn't bet out. I didn't feel comfortable betting out against 4 other people.

UTG+1 bets ... MP2 calls ... Button folds ... SB calls ... I fold.

Im not so worried about this particular hand ... UTG+1 bet out on the turn and river and won uncontested. But as a general rule should I come out betting here on this type of flop or is a check the correct play. If so how few players can I be up against to make a bet correct? I felt against a field of four out of position it was a tricky one.

Hand Two

Im in MP2 with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG+2 calls ... I call ... c/o and button both call ... sb calls ... bb checks.

Pot $6

Flop

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Both blinds check ... UTG+2 bets ... I call ... c/o calls ... and so does the SB.

Pot $10

Turn

6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks ... UTG+2 bets again ... I call (Im not sure whether or not I should have raised here because I didn't want to drive out the other players with such a strong draw ... Whats a more +ve EV play here a call or raise?)

Anyway ... c/o calls ... SB raises ... UTG+2 calls ... Once again not sure what the correct play is here? I call ... c/o folds.

Pot $24

River

3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets ... UTG+2 calls ... I fold.

In desperate need for advice. I dont feel I've made any major mistakes but would like to be more confident in my decisions next time round.

Sorry I've actually posted quite a few hands today ... I'll make sure I dont post so frequently next time.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: 2 Questionable . . . $1/$2 Hands . . . Looking for advice?

im betting the flop on the first hand, dont give anyone to much credit, i like the line bet bet check. at these tables, a lot of times, the players actually love crappier hands like A9, and will bet them out freely especially if the raiser checks, yea its a decent prob theres a king out, but the pots decent sized and growing, folding to 1 bet looks weak to me

on the second one, i like ur line, i dont feel like u can try the free card play, because ull kill ur callers who are padding the pot for u, they wont call 2 cold often. raising the turn isnt to great imo, youve got 1 to come, and no hand, yes, u have now a str8 and flush draw but i dont like raise expecially because im nearly sure if we nail it u can CR the river here.
cdl
Old 09-12-2005, 12:12 AM

Hand 1: Actually I like your line and wish I had the discipline to take it. I usually bet the whole way and get shown KT by a calling station. If it checks through and the turn isnt too obnoxious, raise if it gets to you at 1 bet to protect what is probably the best hand.

Hand 2: I think this is played well; the only thing I might do differently is raise the flop and take a free card on the turn. This saves you 1 SB, but in this case with many people left to act, I think the call is correct to keep your implieds up and invite calls.

Again, on the turn, no reason to raise a flag to the better, just call and hope you hit so you can either go for overcalls or pop the better on the river
Old 09-12-2005, 12:42 AM

I think you are on the right track with hand 1. Betting out is good, but I think checking from OOP and seeing who does what is a close second. You might be in a good spot to C/R and face most of the field with 2 cold if the guy on the end bets when checked to.

Hand 2 looks good. You wanted overcalls, you missed the flush. The only think better is hitting the flush and getting AK to go to war with you.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:00 AM

Hand 1, fine. 4 opponents makes it likely that there is a king out there and the pot size doesn't justify calling with your 2 outs. Good fold.
Hand 2, I would have tried for the free card and raised the flop to protect my K outs if it wasn't for the A on the board. In theory I guess you have pot equity enough for a raise with 4 opps and 10,5 outs. On the turn you have 9 outs for the flush and 6 remaining for the Str8. SB's raise could mean your str8 outs are tainted? Anyway from pot equity point of view you could raise, and I guess I would but mainly to protect if I had TP outs as well. So, all and all, well played.