Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 09:25 PM

Default What to do when you get no cards?

The last 5 tourneys I have played,I cant seem to get a good starting hand.And the hands I do get are either dont improve(or get the most horrible flop imaginabe for them to play), dont make enough (the table folds on minimal or no bets)Or get stomped by quads(which has happend no less than 5 times) and any steal attempts get shut down(maybe had 7 successful steals out of 20 or so attemts).So I end up with blinds getting to the point that just limping in costs 1/4 of my stack, and to raise...I have to pretty much get ready push in my stack.

The games have been pretty passive preflop...then get agressive on the turn(and have noticed alot of AA,KK,AK just limping in)I have thrown away only a couple of winning hands preflop(and preflop they looked like trash..like J3 off, K2 off..should I be playing those type of hands??I throw them away most of the time,unless I can limp in from the BB to get a look at the flop.Should I play more unsuited connectors?(I do once in a while..but depends on the game and my position)

Anyway just a little frusterated with the cards ATM...any words of wisdom? Any way to get the poker gods back on my side to give me a little luck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]?
Old 02-09-2004, 09:41 PM

Default Re: What to do when you get no cards?

i think this is why nobody places in every tournament they play in... you need cards