Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Hi, I\'m looking for someone to improve w here in vegas!!!

Hi Cpitt & Marty,

The Wednesday Poker Discussion Group does still meet every Wednesday at 2:00 pm at Binion's in the coffee shop downstairs (way in the back in a private dining area).

Al Schoonmaker, Matt Lessinger and myself started the Wednesday Vegas group about 5 years ago. Matt moved to California (has a new poker book out, Book of Bluffs, btw). Dr Al still attends when he can (he has a busy schedule).

After almost 5 years of weekly attending, I no longer go myself (most days, I can't get up that early). The last time I went, they had 30 to 40 attending each week. I definitely would say, check it out.

Last week, Barry Tanenbaum gave a free seminar. Over the years, they've had visits (at one time or another) from Mason, Ed Miller, Roy Cooke, Daniel Negreanu, Dynasty, Clark, Russ Hamilton, Mark Gregorich, Jim Brier, as well as many others.

Best of Luck

Howard
Old 10-13-2005, 09:22 PM

I was there the first week of September, it was a very nice meeting. Dr Al gave a talk that was excellent.

If you didn't want to attend the meetings, I think you easily find a poker partner after a couple of meetings. Everyone seemed very nice.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was there the first week of September, it was a very nice meeting. Dr Al gave a talk that was excellent.

If you didn't want to attend the meetings, I think you easily find a poker partner after a couple of meetings. Everyone seemed very nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also went to the Wed group at Binions afew times...very nice and the straetgy/hand discussions were always worthwhile.