Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Opinions needed....

At 6AM on a sunday morning my friend John's cell phone rings. He rolls out of bed with his girlfriend to go answer it. It's his friend Jessica (female). She is flying back from NY and has called everyone she knows trying to get a ride home from the airport but no one can get her. John is her last hope. "Can you pick me up from the airport today at 5PM." He thinks about it and knows that his girlfriend will be at work at this time and say "No problem, see you at 5." Climbs back into bed and tries to cuddle with his girlfriend only to get the cold shoulder. She is very upset with him because he didn't consult her before commiting to going to the airport.

I've told this story to a number of friends and was shocked at the responses gathered. The majority of my married friends responded with "Oh yeah, John screwed up. He needs to ask first before doing that kind of stuff." My single friends said "His girlfriend is over bearing. Why is she so insecure it's just a friend at the airport."

So my question to you is. When a couple gets married do they lose all ability to do things on there own? Must they now ask permission to breathe?
Old 09-01-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Opinions needed....

My rule is simple, if the girl Im dating cant handle the fact I have female friends, she isnt a girl I want to date.

No way in hell would I ever ask my girlfriend if its ok if I go pick up one of my friends who needs a lift from the airport, and any girl who pitches a fit over that, better not let the door hit her in the butt on the way out.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:59 PM

John obviously is a loser anyway for trying to cuddle.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:00 PM

I get the feeling like the majority of these girls that now need to be asked basically tricked the dudes into it. I'm sure every single one of the men was like "I ain't never marrying that woman!" and they all got tricked.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:01 PM

Yes, this is true too....Let's say instead of cuddle he tried to SIIHP.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
John obviously is a loser anyway for trying to cuddle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marge: But I fell in love with Homer Simpson. I don't wanna snuggle with Max Power.
Homer: Nobody snuggles with Max Power. You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!
Marge: Oh lord.
Homer: And it doesn't stop in the bedroom, oh no. I'm taking charge. Kids, there's three ways to do things. The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way.
Bart: Isn't that the wrong way?
Homer: Yeah, but faster.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:02 PM

I would have kicked her out/walked out of the apartment the second she got pissed.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My rule is simple, if the girl Im dating cant handle the fact I have female friends, she isnt a girl I want to date.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a good idea to establish this on the first date. be like "I have ex's who I have good relationships with, if you cant handle that let me know"

I've had to let go of a few girls b/c of it.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is she so insecure it's just a friend at the airport.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-01-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At 6AM on a sunday morning my friend John's cell phone rings. He rolls out of bed with his girlfriend to go answer it. It's his friend Jessica (female). She is flying back from NY and has called everyone she knows trying to get a ride home from the airport but no one can get her. John is her last hope. "Can you pick me up from the airport today at 5PM." He thinks about it and knows that his girlfriend will be at work at this time and say "No problem, see you at 5." Climbs back into bed and tries to cuddle with his girlfriend only to get the cold shoulder. She is very upset with him because he didn't consult her before commiting to going to the airport.

I've told this story to a number of friends and was shocked at the responses gathered. The majority of my married friends responded with "Oh yeah, John screwed up. He needs to ask first before doing that kind of stuff." My single friends said "His girlfriend is over bearing. Why is she so insecure it's just a friend at the airport."

So my question to you is. When a couple gets married do they lose all ability to do things on there own? Must they now ask permission to breathe?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are married, you need to 'check' first. I won't call it asking, because when you are married, the trust is implied. It's not a 'male friend' vs. 'female friend' issue at that point, it's about availability.

You need to check first, because you never know if you already are busy at any given time. Your spouse may have already made a prior commitment for you without your knowledge and has yet to tell you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]