Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Hows this river CR

he does have AA ever.. nor does he ever have JJ.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:49 AM

I'm trying to think of what hand bets behind you whne you check that won't call a river pot-sized push in this situation given your action. Your potting it on all 3 streets may even induce worse hands to call like 2nd pair since your action doesn't add up.

I feel like checking in this spot may result in a large portion of hands checking behind that otherwise would have called a pot-sized river bet, like low two pair hands, top pair good kicker. etc. By potting it, you increase the range that you get a call from, since you've oddly shown strength on two scare cards.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:12 AM

Now that you're here, that 50 bet on the end begs you to push. It's the carrot on the stick you were looking for. I don't think you get that carrot without your opponent having a lower flush or set though, so most of the times he checks behind...
Old 10-03-2005, 11:41 AM

Given my image, i think he can very easily bet 2 pair here, top and bottom could value bet, no1 puts me on a flush, I woulda heard from a set earlier, i think the only hand that doesnt bet here is someting like TJ, which isnt calling much anyways.
Lemme put it this way...if i tell you he has a lower flush..what would be the optimal river action.
Why do you think he bet 50, i think its because he knows that i know he has the flush, and he wants to make some value from my hand, like top pair or 2 pair.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:51 AM

Do you often check-raise bluff all in on the river? When I see checkraises on the river, it is all too often the nuts.