Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Full Tables Stink. Little Money to Be Made There.

Hey look, I just almost made a Royal.

BTW, what is cut off from this screenshot is my VPIP which is 30 here. Ya it's high, but I'm the tightest, most aggro player on this table. I realize that is not the only thing required to win, but it does seem a little strange to me to see looser, less aggro people winning when I'm losing, not just some of the time, but almost all the time. Anyway, just a point of some possible interest.

PS, As I was getting this screenshot ready, I caught a few hands and got my stake up to $99. Almost a breakeven as I went through one reload here for $100 total. If I break $100, it will break a six session down streak. The guy in the lower left is actually Donktastic. It's amazing that he is up.

PPS: Finished this session at $109. Hurray. 238 hands and 194 minutes later and I turned a $9 profit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Finished table at 27/18. Wow, tightened up at end and bankroll shot up. 1st plus table session in 1000 hands. But it's Saturday night too...this is prime time. Time for bed. Good night.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:35 AM

Tom, hang in there bro. If you think party games are tight u should try playing the cryptos. I think the tables have been alot tighter at times, particularly at 1/2 and .5/1 due to the party, empire and multipoker reloads. Expect them to loosen up now.

Use this aggression/drive to improve your game.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:41 AM

You better call the Whaaaaambulance, the number is whine-1-1. For serious, do you think you are a better player than the average 1/2 player? If the answer is yes!, then there is $ to be made. I have made money on full ring 1/2 and 2/4. My hourly for 2/4 is about 3x what it was for .5/1. Come on dude. seriously.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:54 AM

In the future, if you are going to attempt to conceal your identity, make sure to spray paint over the game number.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:23 AM

Agreed. 30+ VPIP at 1/2 6-max is not optimal. I had 33 and I'm sure I could make some more money at 25ish. But it was fun

Preflop tightness is a small part of being a winner at this game. Post flop is where you make the difference.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 Full is a much tougher game than .5/1. There is little money to be made there. It stinks. Thats on Party, everywhere else is worse. I have little idea why anyone plays anywhere else. I'm beginning to think online full ring is a waste of time above the .5/1 level. And even if your killing the .5/1 game, you can only make a few dollars an hour, so there is nowhere to go online for a decent profit. Anyone disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you're joking, but i have no idea how someone who has 2k+ posts on 2+2 can write something like this and be serious [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 02:35 PM

1/2 is very beatable on Party. Just have to find good games and play well. If you multi-table you can make a very nice profit.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 Full is a much tougher game than .5/1. There is little money to be made there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you are right. No money to be made here. You should move up. Nothing to see here. Move along, Move Along.

-D

P.S. My first 5K hands at 1/2 sucked. It took that long to start adjusting. It's seriously looking better now. I am calling "downswing+small sample" on your post. I tightened up to 19/10 and it helped a lot. Good .5/1 mojo is certianly useless here.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 is very beatable on Party. Just have to find good games and play well. If you multi-table you can make a very nice profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Table selection and making folds to turn raises are the two things I tuned up most to start rocking the 1/2. There are tables that play tougher than my toughest live game and some that are as bad as the worst 0.5/1. Find the latter. Waitlists are essential to my strategy. Just bounce around.

It's a bit more like a job and I have a tougher time playing more than 2 tables. I'd say I come off auto pilot way more than twice as much as I would at .5/1

The 1/2 short handed play there is fantastic.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:51 PM

I have to give 6max a try. How many more hands can you play per hour, and can you play as many tables at once? I am beating 1/2 full for 3.3/100 over 45K hands, and am able to 4table, so I'm wondering if you think it would be worth trying to go to 6max, can I beat it for the same rate playing the same # tables?