Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Dave G\'s hand converter

I just saw that Dave G's hand converter link has an referal offer. I don't think anything dishonest was intendend, and Dave is a pretty cool guy so I'm not taking any sort of mod action aside from the following. I have removed the link to that converter from the FAQ. Anyone using that converter needs to remove that link when they post a hand, until that offer is removed.

Again, I don't think anyone intended to do anything dishonest here, so I'm not getting my panties in a wad.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Dave G\'s hand converter

[ QUOTE ]
I just saw that Dave G's hand converter link has an referal offer. I don't think anything dishonest was intendend, and Dave is a pretty cool guy so I'm not taking any sort of mod action aside from the following. I have removed the link to that converter from the FAQ. Anyone using that converter needs to remove that link when they post a hand, until that offer is removed.

Again, I don't think anyone intended to do anything dishonest here, so I'm not getting my panties in a wad.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I 100% agree that this link could be removed from the faq if there's a referal link on it, I don't agree with the policy of removing the link in hand-converter posts:

-If someone posts a link to a site like poker-babes (a strategy site that has referal links) or winning-low-limit-holdem, or whatever, that never gets banned.

I mean, what if you're posting a link to a site that has a link to a referal site? Like, how deep are we going here?

--Dave.

(FWIW, I agree that we shouldn't be linking directly to referal sites though)
Old 09-10-2005, 03:29 PM

The auto link provided by that converter is a link to a page with a referal right at the top. This is not a consciously provided link for strategy purposes that just happens to have a referal on it -- I would be cool with that. This is a link that sends the player to referal that basically hits you in the face just to have access to the converter. I hope you see the difference.

I appreciate the question though. It forces me to provide reasons for doing what I do.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The auto link provided by that converter is a link to a page with a referal right at the top. This is not a consciously provided link for strategy purposes that just happens to have a referal on it -- I would be cool with that. This is a link that sends the player to referal that basically hits you in the face just to have access to the converter. I hope you see the difference.

I appreciate the question though. It forces me to provide reasons for doing what I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool.

Thanks for the response.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:09 PM

... and again, thanks for not perma-changing my avatar to something even less cool than my current avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2005, 08:16 PM

Not Dave's fault. I have removed the offending link and re-arranged the page so the link points right at the converter again.

The link was always on the page. Just buried. When I re-organized the page to add a couple of items I failed to think about how the links in the converter would land.

It should be all better now and the link is gone for good. I will just suck up the extra bandwidth costs. Thanks again for the converter Dave.

-D
Old 09-11-2005, 01:09 AM

Cool. I was not trying to call you out personally, as again I didn't think you intended to do anything wrong. I really appreciate you taking the action you have taken. That was a really classy move. I will restore the link on the FAQ and my request to all poster to delete the link to the page in question is hereby taken back.