Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Flush Draw

This is definitely not the time to check raise the flop. Built a pot and bet it out.

Check/call the turn.

Fold the river. 0% chance you have best hand.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:57 PM

I would forget about protection and just bet the flop.
You have a huge equity edge against 5 players, so get your money in there.

If you check, it may get checked through. Someone in late position may bet as well. But, if someone has A9 and it gets checked to them, theyd probably bet, so you have no hope of folding that hand on the flop. A hand like A6 would probably not fold either, as theyd be getting 8:1 even facing two cold.

I would check the turn. You dont know youll get three callers to make this a good value bet. If MP1 bets and gets two callers, you can consider raising the turn for value.

Do you think Ace-high is good 5% of the time on the river?
What do you think two different people were raising you with?
Old 05-28-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you check, it may get checked through. Someone in late position may bet as well. But, if someone has A9 and it gets checked to them, theyd probably bet, so you have no hope of folding that hand on the flop. A hand like A6 would probably not fold either, as theyd be getting 8:1 even facing two cold.

I would check the turn. You dont know youll get three callers to make this a good value bet. If MP1 bets and gets two callers, you can consider raising the turn for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only raised once, and I could be against a busted flush draw and straight draw. But I'm not arguing my call anymore - it's a fold.

I like that turn advice, but I'm struggling with the wanting three callers thing. So this is not a case where I want less people in the pot because of the specfic draw I have? In other words, getting people to fold doesn't make my winning chances any better?
Old 05-28-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only raised once, and I could be against a busted flush draw and straight draw. But I'm not arguing my call anymore - it's a fold.

I like that turn advice, but I'm struggling with the wanting three callers thing. So this is not a case where I want less people in the pot because of the specfic draw I have? In other words, getting people to fold doesn't make my winning chances any better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, only read through once and forgot the specific action. Either way, you're right, Ace-high isn't winning one time in 100.

With your draw, your ace overcard only makes up 4-7% of the equity on the turn (depending on how you discount your ace outs). Your total equity is around 28%. Even if someone did have AJ, A9, or A6, they ain't folding for one bet on the turn. And if they did, your equity would only increase by 4%.

If you check, the next guy bets, and two people call, you will be putting in 25% of the money at that point. Since your equity is 28% you technically have a small equity edge, which you can exploit with a raise,
Old 05-28-2005, 06:33 PM

Eh, I don't like a lot of the things you did here.

1. I don't like trying to check raise after you are the lone pf raiser. There is no reason to believe it won't get checked through.

2. Bluffing at the turn is, I think, a bad idea. You aren't going to be able to get 4 people to fold.

3. Why call the river?

I would probably bet and 3 bet the flop, check-call the turn and fold the river.