Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 11:54 AM

Default What limits are serious rakeback players playing?

I was curious as to what type of limit an average player who is looking for a rakeback generally plays at? Do most of you play 0.50/1 tables or are you guys playing at like 2/4 or 5/10+?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: What limits are serious rakeback players playing?

Good games for serious rakeback players are 6 max games $5-10 and higher.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:45 PM

Playing 2/4 at 20% rakeback i recieve about
$1.20 per table hour.

However, rakeback should be considered more of a bonus for your play then a reason for playing at a certain level. Play the game that is the most profitable for you and just take all the rakeback as a bonus.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, rakeback should be considered more of a bonus for your play then a reason for playing at a certain level. Play the game that is the most profitable for you and just take all the rakeback as a bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather than thinking how much rakeback I'm receiving, one should think in terms of how much rake am I paying. Getting x% on site A, you might be paying more rake than if you got x-n% on site B. Your "bonus" pay on site A will be higher, sure, but your overall gain will be higher on site B and your "Poker Tracker winrate" will be higher on site B.

Calculate your rake/hand, multiply by (1-rb%), see where you're best off.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:58 AM

Even more intresting is the sum of winrate + rakeback. One site might have high winrate but low rakeback but you might still earn more there than some other site witch the rake back is huge but the winrate is low. You should of cource play where the sum of them is the highest.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At 5/10 a standard rakeback deal at party/skins is good for about $7/table/hour. Anything after 5/10 is really diminishing returns since the rake is capped almost every pot.

Also, does anyone find when people say that paying less rake at site x is better than having a rakeback deal at site y isn't true? At what point does it reach where this isn't true? 2/4 or 3/6 it doesn't have an effect anymore? 5% of $100 or 10% of $100 are the same when rake is capped at $3.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At 5/10 a standard rakeback deal at party/skins is good for about $7/table/hour. Anything after 5/10 is really diminishing returns since the rake is capped almost every pot.

Also, does anyone find when people say that paying less rake at site x is better than having a rakeback deal at site y isn't true? At what point does it reach where this isn't true? 2/4 or 3/6 it doesn't have an effect anymore? 5% of $100 or 10% of $100 are the same when rake is capped at $3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just play with rakeback for the extra dough. I don't see why anyone that plays more than a few thousand hands a month wouldn't.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:06 PM

Planning on 50% at the $50 games.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:17 PM

What exactly is a "serious rakeback player"? Anyways, I make about $0.09-0.10 a hand in rakeback at 10/20 6-max limit.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:08 PM

Default An affiliates point of view

Hi,

I'm a pretty big affiliate. Obviously the higher the limits the more rake on average per hand played. But at some point the importance of rakeback starts to diminish. Higher limit players lets say $10/20 -> $200/400 NL will usually focus on a fewer tables. This enables players on lower limits ie. $2/4 NL to $5/10 NL to rake more.

Whats more important is how many tables and hours someone puts in, as well as whether they play 10 seat or 6 seat games.

6 seat games have between 50-80% more rake per hour. Playing 8 tables of $2/4 NL will rake more than 2 tables at $5/10.