Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 12:36 PM

Default My QQ runs into a scary flop, what is my turn line?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($47.23)
UTG+1 ($70.30)
UTG+2 ($46.50)
MP1 ($70.60)
MP2 ($136.05)
MP3 ($53.20)
CO ($11.57)
Button ($79.60)
SB ($82.20)
Hero ($50)

I had about 10 hands on my opponent and he appeared to be loose.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
[color=#666666]3 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.50, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $2</font>, MP1 calls $2, Button calls $2.

Flop: ($7.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $7</font>, [color=#CC3333]MP1 raises to $15</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $8.

I'm getting 3.75 to 1 on this call, anyone do anything different here?

Turn: ($37.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero...?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: My QQ runs into a scary flop, what is my turn line?

Possible hand range for a loose player here: AT, KT, QT, JT, AJ, QJ KJ, Mid PP.

A loose player is going to bet a paired jack pretty aggressively here. I think he'd smooth call if he had a Ten.

I think you may want to lead the turn, re-evaluate the river.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:45 PM

Push the turn, you have less than the pot left and if you think he has a T you should have folded to the flop raise. If your opponent is 'loose' then this is a clasic raise the draw situation.

A 3-bet push on the flop might have been a more optimal line.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push the turn, you have less than the pot left and if you think he has a T you should have folded to the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely think T is a possible holding in his range of hands, but with my good pot odds and the other hands in his range I can beat I have to call.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:56 PM

We only have ten hands on him so I don't really know what his tendencies are post flop with TP or trips. My stack is less than the pot, so if I lead the turn my only option is to go all-in. If I was to bet $15 or so and he raises me I don't see how I could fold or could I?
Old 11-18-2005, 01:12 PM

Just because your getting good odds on the flop doesnt mean he's giving you those same odds on the turn. You have to assume he's pushing the turn with a jack or a ten. By calling the flop raise you should be ready to commit the rest of your stack to this hand or you shouldn't have called it.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:24 PM

How sure would you have to be that he has a third ten on the flop to lay the hand down?
Old 11-19-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How sure would you have to be that he has a third ten on the flop to lay the hand down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I could do the math on it and tell you exactly what % of the time you need to be right to make this +EV....but no one is making those calculations in game.

What I'd think about in tempo is what hands are in his range and what would he play this way? I think most players would incorrectly smooth call a 10 with position here. That's just my instinct for these small stake games. If he's a good player, he wants to price you out of this draw heavy board. He didn't raise enough to price you out. I also think he'd make this raise with any Jack or semi-bluff with a flush draw. My gut instinct says he doesn't have the 10 here very often. So I'd push.