Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 03:30 AM

Default 65s... this should be an easy question

Attempting to learn full after playing tons of short. A friend and I debated, raise this flop or just call? Villian is a 9.09/7.4/1.57 over 154 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...</font>
Old 12-01-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: 65s... this should be an easy question

RAISE. your sample isn't huge, a 7.4 pfr isn't that mousy so his range does include over cards, his aggresion seems low so there is a chance he doesn't even three bet with an overpair, and last but not least you have a ton of equity in this pot.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:07 AM

I would raise, unless I didn't think Villain would auto-bet overcards versus three blinds.

If you knew you were drawing versus MP2, I think you'd be better off calling. But I think there's a decent chance he's drawing (and not very well) against you. And if I'm ahead of MP2, I'd prefer, if possible, to protect my vulnerable made hand, in this not-so-small pot.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:37 AM

I swear that my dog just said "RAISE" a second ago (it was savage). Well actually he isn't my dog, but we can just pretend so.

Brad
Old 12-01-2005, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise, unless I didn't think Villain would auto-bet overcards versus three blinds.

If you knew you were drawing versus MP2, I think you'd be better off calling. But I think there's a decent chance he's drawing (and not very well) against you. And if I'm ahead of MP2, I'd prefer, if possible, to protect my vulnerable made hand, in this not-so-small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if i knew MP2 had an overpair i'm raising this flop
Old 12-01-2005, 05:03 AM

Jesus I don't understand how some people can have vpips of &lt;10.

Raise the flop.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even if i knew MP2 had an overpair i'm raising this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

We're about a coin-flip versus an overpair, which is fine, but I'm thinking we'd rather play multiway if we're currently drawing.

Granted, we will turn two pair sometimes and then lose when someone else hits a gutshot or better two pair on the river, and we'll turn a flush and lose to a bigger flush on the river sometimes too. But it still seems to me like if we're drawing, keeping others in, if possible, is to our advantage.

But maybe there's something I'm missing.

In any event, I think we'll be ahead a decent amount of the time, and I like raising here.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:33 PM

Call. You want this pot to go multiway and hope that other people are calling for overcards or a straight draw and that your flush hits.
Raising would isolate you and MP2 and considering is &lt;10 VP$IP I think there is a reasonable chance that he has a high PP here.

- Just another opinion...
Old 12-01-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus I don't understand how some people can have vpips of &lt;10.

Raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im sure his vpip is really higher. This sample is only over 150 hands.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:57 PM

Raise the flop!