Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which could you do first?
Hit a single against a major league pitcher 12 15.58%
Catch a pass against an NFL defense from a wide receiver position 18 23.38%
Beat Tiger Woods in a three hole golf match 13 16.88%
Stop a penalty kick by a World Cup soccer player 26 33.77%
Win a one on one game to 5 baskets against an NBA player 8 10.39%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Patience - Q9s - Hand Quiz - Don\'t Cheat

[ QUOTE ]
A: Check. Take the free card with 15+ outs. Betting would be better with As9s because we'd have the best hand more often.
<font color="#666666">(Standard checking through with outs, only exaggerated by the fact that if you chose to semibluff here, you really have no chance to fold out the field)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
How much is this option worth?

I had raise/check/bet/call.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:44 PM

i put that in there - i gave it 9 points. i thought it to be the most certain decision of the hand, but that was just my assessment.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the great post. It had me thinking for quite a while. Thanks for the detailed answers as well. I actually called the river, but now I see why that is a mistake.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:58 PM

cool poll.

but i don't get this:

(8 points - there are many more 5x, 7x, 9x hands that we can beat here than there are 8x/6x/better 9x hands. Add to that the fact that you've seen UTG be the second overcaller with bottom pair on the river, and this looks more like a value raise)
Old 10-08-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cool poll.

but i don't get this:

(8 points - there are many more 5x, 7x, 9x hands that we can beat here than there are 8x/6x/better 9x hands. Add to that the fact that you've seen UTG be the second overcaller with bottom pair on the river, and this looks more like a value raise)

[/ QUOTE ]
there are more hands he would bet here that we beat than we lose to. this doesn't even have to be the case though, as we have UTG stuck in here who will probably call a river raise, which means we don't necessarily have to be ahead of SB's range to make this raise.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:11 PM

c
a
b
a
Old 10-08-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cool poll.

but i don't get this:

[/ QUOTE ]
there are more hands he would bet here that we beat than we lose to. this doesn't even have to be the case though, as we have UTG stuck in here who will probably call a river raise, which means we don't necessarily have to be ahead of SB's range to make this raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand it a little more. So what did sb and bb have?
Old 10-08-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ABAA

I can't believe people want to fold this preflop - limping pf not as good as raising

everything else seems to be pretty standard

[/ QUOTE ]
Gotta raise, knock out the weak tight guy who wont pay u off but will take the pot if he hits. You maintain control of the hand, and your hand is pretty strong. bet the flip. You might get someone to fold, but more importantly you get a free turn most likely. check the turn. they arent gonna fold now and you dont want to get raised with all your outs. im definately not raising the river, they hold a 6 or missed a c/r on an 8 often. on a less scary board i would raise, but not here.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:41 PM

I raise pre-flop, lots of blinds in the pot, them folding is dead money. Q9s may not be the best hand, it could be against a ragged king or something, but we have position and are playing against weaker players and I can definitely play this better post-flop against them.

Bet the flop, hope to take it down there.

Turn gives us quite a few outs, check behind.

Call the river bet. After sb leads, I am concerned that he has the straight, or missed a slowplay on the 8's. I think we're still ahead here typically but I don't see a lot of value in raising this and opening ourselves to a 3-bet.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... im definately not raising the river, they hold a 6 or missed a c/r on an 8 often. on a less scary board i would raise, but not here.

[/ QUOTE ]
they? only SB has a chance to have a better hand than we do, and we've seen him bet 4th pair on the river out of position before. we are ahead of UTG almost every time. sure it's a scary board, but we have a good chance of snagging 2 more big bets, and we don't have to call a 3-bet.