Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: my least favorite situation in poker...400NL

Why are you betting 1/2 the pot on the flop?

as it's played it could go either way, but betting full on the flop makes this much easier.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:19 PM

I've found these games are the easiest if you go ahead and bet around the pot everytime you bet the flop. If he minraises you there you can make a decision. A 14/5 probably has you beat if you call the flop raise then turn bet and he still bets the river. The whole thing is different if you bet more, maybe just fold to the raise or take a stand some fraction of the time. As you played it he could have a huge range of hands. I would bluff/semi bluff raise a ton of stuff if you are playing this weak at 6max.

-SmileyEH
Old 12-04-2005, 08:51 PM

Villain is unconcerned about top pair, and about pair on board, therefore he has trips, which, with the pair now on board became a boat. That's how I read it.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:36 PM

You are inviting a checkraise with that bet.. If that was the intention, follow up.. Otherwise bet more on the flop
Old 12-04-2005, 10:36 PM

400; full ring; Who knows??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Potting that turn = no full house IMO.

A9 fits the bill, as does AK or a new found heart draw.

I prolly donk it off to A9 and feel stupid.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($64) A, 9, 3 (4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $30, MP1 raises to $60, Button folds, SB folds, Hero probably shoulda folded but calls $30.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero makes weak continuation bet.
Villian minraises to see about the two people behind him.
Two people behind fold.
Turn.
Hero Check.
Villian bets pot with AJ.
Hero folds AK.

This looks to be the case.

A 14/5 calling a 4BB raise from EP in MP1 with A9? I'm afraid of one hand here. And that hand isn't going to bet so huge with a turned fullhouse.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:29 AM

You made a standard opening bet, then bet half pot, then checked. How is villain supposed to know you're near as strong as you are. As far as I'm concerned, with the way you played, I put the rest of my chips in. This it AT-AQ far too often for you to be afraid. Medium aces love min-raising this flop to such a weak bet. And once you check the turn he probably puts you on a flush draw or something, or he thinks his AJ/AQ is good and is going for value.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You made a standard opening bet, then bet half pot, then checked. How is villain supposed to know you're near as strong as you are. As far as I'm concerned, with the way you played, I put the rest of my chips in. This it AT-AQ far too often for you to be afraid. Medium aces love min-raising this flop to such a weak bet. And once you check the turn he probably puts you on a flush draw or something, or he thinks his AJ/AQ is good and is going for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

theres two things that make me think villian probably doesn't have AQ/AJ
1. He called a $15 bet from Utg pf...most rocks won't do this w/ AQ and definately not AJ and below.
2 He bet Pot on the turn. He seemed like a thinking player....why would he make such a huge bet that I would only call if I have him beat.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

theres two things that make me think villian probably doesn't have AQ/AJ
1. He called a $15 bet from Utg pf...most rocks won't do this w/ AQ and definately not AJ and below.
2 He bet Pot on the turn. He seemed like a thinking player....why would he make such a huge bet that I would only call if I have him beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

let me try to clarify something here:
He can't have AQ here since he wouldn't bet it like that
He can't have any ace lower than AQ because he wouldn't call with those
He can't have 9's full because he knows you need a big hand to call here (you said it yourself) and there's no way you have one on that board.

So his hand range is zero :| Your read has to be off in one of those points.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:16 AM

I think villain has JJ/QQ, and after Heros weak flopbet think he can get hero to fold his JJ-KK.