Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Vu

I think the word racist is being thrown about here a bit too loosely. I would settle for prejudiced...

"Racism has many different definitions. Historically, it has been defined as the belief that race is the primary determinant of human capacities, that a certain race is inherently superior or inferior to others, and/or that individuals should be treated differently according to their racial designation. Sometimes racism means beliefs, practices, and institutions that discriminate against people based on their perceived or ascribed race. There is a growing, but somewhat controversial, opinion that racism is a system of oppression -- a nexus of racist beliefs, whether explicit, tacit or unconscious; practices; organizations and institutions that combine to discriminate against and marginalize a class of people who share a common racial designation, based on that designation.
Assuming that every individual's character adequately can be determined by racial or ethnic stereotypes is race prejudice, and granting or withholding rights or privileges based on such stereotypes is racial discriminatory prejudice. The term racism sometimes is used to mean a strong and persistent bias or inclination towards these activities.

Some believe that the term also is often used incorrectly by supporters of cultural relativism and political correctness to stigmatise their adversaries."
Old 07-14-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: To Dynasty

[ QUOTE ]
3 Hours till the start of play and this thread is already a catastrophe. Can we just abandon ship and start a new one?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-14-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 Hours till the start of play and this thread is already a catastrophe. Can we just abandon ship and start a new one?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-14-2005, 03:22 PM

Dynasty said he would start a brand new thread shortly before play actually starts, so keep flaming away.

Kevin...
Old 07-14-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: 4 players from small Sweden.....

[ QUOTE ]
This place cracks me up.

I get heat for calling H-DOG fugly while at the same time making a point to say that I didn't care if she (debatable) was black, white, purple or orange...

Yet, many of you idiots have severe, deep-rooted racial issues you have chosen to reveal to the world...

That's just sad.

The birth of H-DOG thread gets deleted and the racial crap stays?? That's just mind boggling.

I stick by my guns, H-DOG is butt-ugly...but many of you are uglier.

...much uglier...

[/ QUOTE ]all you do is talk about H-DOG, H-DOG, and more H-DOG. stfu
Old 07-14-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Vu

Anyone have the over/under on whether we could ever keep a poker thread about poker?
Old 07-14-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is nice! We have 8 miljon people in small Sweden. And we have 4 players in the topp 27 in WSOP!

Sweden is great!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We did pass 9 some time ago...
Old 07-14-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is nice! We have 8 miljon people in small Sweden. And we have 4 players in the topp 27 in WSOP!

Sweden is great!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You have some real hotties in your country. I want to move there.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:32 PM

Not me....
Old 07-14-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your country is full of beautiful women and you spend all your time playing poker. Get some perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

True!! But I already have a beutiful lady from Sweden... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread