Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Anyone call this cocky guy?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if my stategy of waiting for shorty to bust is good, or weak, or what. Hmmmm. Enlighten me.
Shooby

[/ QUOTE ]

Waiting for the shorty to bust is not a bad strategy, and it is mandatory when it comes to calling all-in for all of your chips.

However, the villain here is not going to want to become on par with shortie eiher, so if you push he will need a monster hand to call (or he's a donky). Simply raising here opened the door for him to put in the position of needing a monster hand, instead of the other way around. Fold AK here.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:44 PM

Yeah, I have sngpt, and I'm slowly learning how to use it.
I understand that I should push here, but that's not what I did. I guess what I have to get over is the fear of busting on the bubble.
Shooby.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh, I realize I just donated to his stack. The problem was that shorty is so short, and I didn't want to bust in 4th.
I don't know if my stategy of waiting for shorty to bust is good, or weak, or what. Hmmmm. Enlighten me.
Shooby

[/ QUOTE ]

Each situation is different. In this case, the other two big stacks are probably saying the same thing, which makes taking their chips easier. AK is a premium hand and this is an auto-push pre-flop. I'm pushing A-10+ and 77+ (or at least real close to that).

allin preflop is correct in this situation, because you cant call a raise.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:56 PM

Just what everyone is saying, waiting for shorty is part of what you are doing and why you don't make bad calls or even marginal pushes, but this isn't a marginal push. It's an easy open-push.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh, I realize I just donated to his stack. The problem was that shorty is so short, and I didn't want to bust in 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly why villain just pushed over the top of you with 23o and that's exactly why you push this pf.

As for folding and waiting for shorty to bust...shorty ain't that short, you're gonna be folding a lotta blinds if you don't push anything and wait for shorty to bust. Especially if BS is a good bubble player.