Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 05:57 PM

Default So I am a big wuss....

I have JJ in the BB of a 15/30 game at party. There is an EP raiser and an MP re-raiser. It's folded to me and I just call. Wussy part #1?

FLOP A,Q,4 all spades, I have the J

Check, check, check

Turn Q

Check, Check, Check

River Q

Check, Bet, Call, call. I don't think my flop/turn play was that bad, but I really think I should've bet the river and most likely capped PF. Thoughts?

SGS
Old 12-12-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: So I am a big wuss....

I don't think you played it badly.

Preflop, depending on your read of the players, you could consider a cap. but you're out of position, and they raised from an EP so I think a call is ok

River, I dunno, I guess I overcall too since it is hard to put anybody on an ace after all that checking.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:03 PM

Seems about right to me. You would have been faced with some tough decisions if you got raised on any street.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:16 PM

Sounds OK to me.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:18 PM

PREFLOP: Given that the action started from early position and its been raised and reraised, you shouldnt been in love with your hand at all, but becuz you have a discount by being in the BB, you should call IMO. Capping in this spot without reads would be over the top.

FLOP: Standard

TURN: Something funny is going on here. Two people go bananas preflop and this is the kind of board that should atleast compliment one of their hands and then they both check the flop. I think you should check again on the turn with the intention of folding again, somebody is either slow playing a monster, AA,QQ,AQ or somebody has KK and they probably wont fold. So I like your turn check.

RIVER: Checking again is the right play. You cannot bet this river becuz although the chances are higher that you may have the best hand given the previous action, it will be hard for you to get called by a second best hand, you are still better off checking and calling.

Overall you played this hand as well as you can play it.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:51 PM

I don't like a cap preflop here at all. Unless you think the Original raiser will fold for 2 more, then it could be merited. The flop check is fine, as well as the turn check. However, betting the river is better then overcalling. I would have a hard time overcalling here.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Results

Yea so maybe I'm not a big wuss and just smart. Anyways they both had 99 and my hand was good.

SGS