Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 08:48 PM

Location: USS George washington, Virgina, 7 months until Los Angeles
Default T.O loses all arbitration, implications..

i'm so happy that T.O. the scumbag lost 100% of his case.

one major part that makes me happy is that agents like Rosenhaus will no longer be able to pull all that holdout sh-t. the teams (at least the eagles) along with the NFL have shown that it wont be tolerated.

this is rosenhaus' darkest day. awsome!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: T.O loses all arbitration, implications..

you do realize that rosenhaus will now rack up the $$$ on TO's next contract right?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you do realize that rosenhaus will now rack up the $$$ on TO's next contract right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was win/win for him. Say what you want about the guy, but you really can't say he's stupid.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:28 PM

read the verbatum arbitrators decision here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2234819

wow, i love reading andy reids emails to TO. i didn't know he did so much misconduct.

the eagles really had great evidence. good for them.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:31 PM

If you think how this all played out was +EV for Rosenhaus, I would take issue with that. The contract TO had was much superior to the one he will now receive.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think how this all played out was +EV for Rosenhaus, I would take issue with that. The contract TO had was much superior to the one he will now receive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you are completely unfamiliar with the role an agent plays. The agent only receives a % of a NEW deal that a player receives. So if anything, the guy with the most -EV was TO's previous agent. So this entire process benefits Rosenhaus financially.

edit for spelling
Old 11-23-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rosenhaus lost millions for TO this year, and millions in his next contract, that will no doubt be relatively small for TO's talent.

and who is gonna hire Rosenhaus now? the % Rosenhaus makes on TO pales to the $$ he will now lose in clients. sure, the guys gonna have clients, but obviously many will turn him away. and also, he can no longer use his hold-out threats anymore.

--by the way, i believe it to be fully realistic that TO may now fire drew rosenhaus, and hire someone else. i think i would.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rosenhaus lost millions for TO this year, and millions in his next contract, that will no doubt be relatively small for TO's talent.

and who is gonna hire Rosenhaus now? the % Rosenhaus makes on TO pales to the $$ he will now lose in clients. sure, the guys gonna have clients, but obviously many will turn him away. and also, he can no longer use his hold-out threats anymore.

--by the way, i believe it to be fully realistic that TO may now fire drew rosenhaus, and hire someone else. i think i would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disclaimer: i do not like Rosenhaus.

However, the guy has had success getting contracts renegotiated. TO is obviously his most glaring and public error. However see Clinton Portis. That guy got a deal for like $50 mill when he was due about $1 mill for two more years on his rookie contract.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:25 PM

Wasn't aware that Owens had changed agents. Makes Rosenhaus' motivation here even slimier.

I do still suspect that the damage caused to Rosenhaus' reputation as a result of this (and loss of potential future clients) will outweigh any gains. If you were a young potential superstar coming out of college, would you be rushing to sign him up as your agent after his performance here? Any young guy with any intelligence should realize that if he signs with Rosenhaus, his draft stock will fall on that fact alone.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't aware that Owens had changed agents. Makes Rosenhaus' motivation here even slimier.

I do still suspect that the damage caused to Rosenhaus' reputation as a result of this (and loss of potential future clients) will outweigh any gains. If you were a young potential superstar coming out of college, would you be rushing to sign him up as your agent after his performance here? Any young guy with any intelligence should realize that if he signs with Rosenhaus, his draft stock will fall on that fact alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, that J.D. Drew controversy with Scott Boras really killed Boras's career - he hasn't negotiated a major contract since.

This Terrell Owens scandal shows us one thing - Rosenhaus is willing to look like a complete tool in order to get his client what he wants. Just because that's not what you want, or what any rational, sane person wants, doesn't mean he's a bad agent.