Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 01:07 PM

Default What\'d I do wrong here?

Table is really loose passive. SB is pretty passive as well. He only really comes alive when he has the nuts. From my notes, UTG+1 is a LAG. He's raised 66 early and will play just about any hand that has a face on it like K2.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Raising to protect and drive out weaker draws as well as see where I sit. SB only calls, so I don't think he has J. If he had a set, from previous experience, he would've raised back at me. My guess is a pocket pair of somekind, or maybe overcards. No idea what UTG+1 has.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Seems like my hand is too strong to fold, so I raise. Should I have just called or folded here? UTG+1 wakes up all of sudden for the 3-bet. This can't be good, but then again, he can be very erratic and the pot is getting large, so I call the 3-bet. Was this a mistake?

River: (16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero cries.

Thinking back to SSHE, for this big of a pot, I have to call , right?

Final Pot: 19 BB
Old 11-20-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: What\'d I do wrong here?

The flop raise is a little frisky, but I think it's good. When the passive player donks you on the turn though, you should just call (or fold). It seems to me like the best case scenario is that he has another 7 for a split.

If you really trust your read ("he only comes alive when he has the nuts"), you could probably fold right there.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:21 PM

Fold the flop
Turn is fine
Call the river
Old 11-20-2005, 01:24 PM

If your flop raise was for "information" I think you got some when UTG+1 and button both cc'd in a small pot.

I would consider folding the turn when SB donks as you may very well be drawing dead.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:34 PM

Why do you say fold the flop?
Old 11-20-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your flop raise was for "information" I think you got some when UTG+1 and button both cc'd in a small pot.

I would consider folding the turn when SB donks as you may very well be drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously considered it, but the pot is big at this point, and SSHE makes a point of saying to stick with it in a big pot...
Old 11-20-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you say fold the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't think a passive player is leading this flop into 5 players with a worse hand than yours (not saying he has a J, but 7 with a &gt;8 kicker is highly probable) and you have nasty reverse implied odds.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me like the best case scenario is that he has another 7 for a split.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call, that's what he had, though I thought he might've had a smaller pocket pair which would've put me ahead. UTG+1, unfortunately, had J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Was wondering how other folks would've played this...
Old 11-20-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously considered it, but the pot is big at this point, and SSHE makes a point of saying to stick with it in a big pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

The small blind bets the flop you raise, then donks the turn. He's telling you he got a hand, possibly a Jack. Sometimes you'll find he's got a smaller FH, but you also said he likes to play paint-x. The 3-bet by UTG makes me really think he's got the Jack
Old 11-20-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is pretty passive as well. He only really comes alive when he has the nuts

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, hes not semibluffing the flop, so that leaves us with a few options...A)Jack and B) a pocketpair that beats your split C)another 7 that you'l be splitting w/ at best