Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2005, 12:15 PM

Default The Flop Misses.....Now what????

Hello all......I hope everyone will bear with a newbie for a bit. I've been reading/studying SSHE....I have also read and reread parts of LLHE by Lee
Jones.......so in other words, I'm trying, I'm trying.

I've read a few times in this forum and in other places that the strategy of
"fit or fold" is bad. My problem is that as a beginner, I'm only playing the
top EV hands in most situations.....but what happens the great majority of the
time is that the flop completely misses me. The cannonical situation is I have AKo in early or middle position, I've dutifly raised/reraised the preflop....then
93Jr hits on the flop......since I'm usually the preflop raiser....it gets checked to me......In general should I check or raise? What if someone bets in front of me. What I notice in the microlimits is that the vast majority of pots are being taken down by Q9o and stuff like that.....somebody bets in front of me and very often they HAVE at least top pair....or T8 and are trying for a SD....shouldn't the optimal strategy for microlimits be different given what my opponents routinely play?????

This doesn't really seem to be addressed in SSHE much. Am I supposed to count outs here? I have 2 overcards. Those are worth what, .5 outs a piece?
In LLHE, he says "fold and be done with it". But here on this forum, in lots
of posted hands, people continue, and everyone agrees this is correct. Can someone give me a pointer or a previous thread to read on what to do here.

It sure is hard to fold that AK after I've raised and reraised the preflop. Maybe that's just the cost of doing business.

You guys are great for putting up with my beginner posts so far! I hope to someday return the favor to other newbies.

Jim