Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Video TStone coached me on

[ QUOTE ]

I think normally I would call preflop, but in this situation, I think I had an extra edge. I wouldn't call the UTG raiser solid, he was 35/15/1.65 after a huge sample

[/ QUOTE ]

Y_Do_U_Ask is certainly more solid that most 5-10ers. I would guess she (it's a female avatar isn't it? must be a woman then!) is at least a little position aware so a UTG raise in the context of 15% PFR means a hand better than ATs most of the time.

I also don't buy the argument about initiative. You're acting first on the flop. If you want initiative you can get it by betting.

This doesn't mean I think 3-betting ATs is wrong. It's a tiny mistake at the very worst (depends on UTGs hand range), it disguises your holding to some extent, and provides cover for your monster hands.

Guy.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:23 PM

[
Y_Do_U_Ask is certainly more solid that most 5-10ers. I would guess she (it's a female avatar isn't it? must be a woman then!) is at least a little position aware so a UTG raise in the context of 15% PFR means a hand better than ATs most of the time.

Agreed - have 2K hands with him/her - little loose preflop but solid post flop - that is part of the reason I would not have 3 bet this....
Old 11-25-2005, 04:58 PM

Unfortuantely, I didn't take careful notes when I watched, as I was in a bit of a hurry. I did write down your starting hands, when there was at least a question in my mind about your play. Those hands - many (if not most) of which have been mentioned by others, include when you started with:

A10s
KJ
KQ
A3
A6
J3

The only hands I really remember are J3 (where you flopped 2 pair or a boat). I believe that decision is pretty darn close, whether to raise flop or wait till turn (if not river).

77: where you raised after bunch of limpers. I really don't feel comfortable doing that, but I can see that decision is pretty close.

Couple of the other hands I know were pf folds, from sb (like with A3). The rest I just can't remember, other than that I had some question or another about them.