Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 12:18 PM

Default Re: About Mattias Anderson

(lol)

DAHHHH! DAHHHHH!
Old 09-02-2004, 12:22 PM

I know he meant he felt Ferguson was weak in a certain hand, but I just don't know how he could possible feel that. Every hand I've ever seen Jesus in (and granted it isn't alot due to edited TV coverage) he has acted the same way every time.

As for the Varkoni bit. I wasn't saying Varkoni was good at all. I was just pointing out that Mattias was basically laughing at him and then later on points out that you have to respect everyone at the table. Seems to me that he's just way too young to even live by his own rules.

I guess I don't really care about this that much anyway. I'm just tired and grumpy today and find him terribly annoying so I shot off at the mouth. I'll take a nap now [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2004, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just tired and grumpy today and find him terribly annoying so I shot off at the mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You have to admit the thought of Varkoni yelling out "what about me?" is pretty funny.

As for tells of the pros, it's a little off topic, but I always wonder if you really sat at a table with them if you could pick anything up. We see hands on TV here and there, but I wonder if the live feeling of being able to watch them at the table makes a difference. Personally, I'm terrible at reading people live, but I bet you can pick some things up.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:05 PM

(lol)

DAHHHH! DAHHHHH!

What did Norman Chad say? something about "...the mating of the wildebeest" ? :-)
Old 09-02-2004, 06:49 PM

Like I said to all before...I agree with most of you that Mattias acted like an ass in my opinion. This is even tougher for me to say because I've played a lot of poker with him and got to spend a few hours talking with him tipping back a few beers this last January. I posted his report IN FUll without editing anything for a few reasons. 1. It does indeed show a bit of his immaturity. 2. It also shows how much it meant for him just to be there. and 3. It's pretty interesting to read the journal of someone who made it all the way to the final table of the biggest event in poker history thus far. Reading through it you can see why he acts the way he does, I'm not justifying it. But you didn't see him talking about other people's testicle size at the wsop either. Whoever read the post and said he felt Ferguson was a weak player needs to brush up on their comprehension and reread the part where he says he has the most respect for Ferguson as a player. He was referring to situations in hands where he felt Ferguson was weak. Also in reading the post you will see that Mattias is not even nearly as good of a player as he as already been credited for by some. His flaws in my view were having some warped obsession for knocking out Ferguson (or any specific player for that matter), tightnening up just to make the final table, and he played much too pasively in somespots that called for aggression and vice versa. I guess he accomplished his main goal in making the final table, even though it was the wrong one in my opinion. Anyways...I hope you are all enjoying the post, I wasn't sure if I would even post it. I guess you just have to know the guy a bit to understand why he acts the way he does.

Bob S.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:41 AM

I guess you have to know him to know how big fag he really is. I wanted to punch the dude several times while reading that.

He also doesn't seem to be an exceptional player from his hand descriptions.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:18 PM

I've also played with Mats quite a bit on Pokerschool. What I find interesting is his relatively weak play towards the end of the tourny. His style is typically very aggresive. The final few tables is typically a feeding ground for aggression. You get short handed several times towards the end and (as played by Raymer) a nice stack is there for the taking.

I think the money got to him. Honestly, it would get to me too. I like the idea of $5MM but $575,000 is nice. After all, we are talking about a guy who is barely making ends meet. Anyway, that is my .02 cents.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:35 PM

Give the kid a break.

Imagine you're a young kid who makes it to the final table at the WSOP. What do you think you'd say in your journal? I guarantee it wouldn't be completely level-headed.

I thought his account was genuine and inspirational.

Feel free to berate me.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Feel free to berate me.

[/ QUOTE ]

" I can't pull over any farther!" DAAAAAAAHHHH
Old 09-04-2004, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you have to know him to know how big fag he really is. I wanted to punch the dude several times while reading that.

He also doesn't seem to be an exceptional player from his hand descriptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

That post is WAY out of line