Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Daniel Baldwin

I've never seen this guy before until he was on Hollywood home game last night. I'm guessing he is one of the baldwin actor brothers. Anyway he was totally coked out. Sniffing all the time. Twitching (he was actually behaving like Mel Gibson). His chips were non-organized. It was embarrassing.

Which brings me to my list of the bizarrest behaving/most trash talking players:

-Daniel Baldwin
-That black guy in the WSOP episode who straddled and pissed some guy off.
-Mike Matusow
-Eskimo
-add more names if you feel like it.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a tournament with just these guys in it? It would get huge ratings. I'd just be waiting for somebody to flip and table and punch out another guy like the wild west movies!
Old 08-23-2004, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Daniel Baldwin

I nominate Penn Jillete for that list...he was all over the place on the Celebrity Poker with Jeff Gordon. (for the record, I have a hard time even watching Celebrity Poker)

Daniel Baldwin was crazy on that WPT episode. He took insane to new levels. I immediately thought "he's all coked up" from his physical movements and appearance. As the episode went on I began to believe that he just may be actually like that. It was hard to watch. If he was intoxicated in some form, I'm a bit surprised that Discovery Networks would allow that footage to make the air. We often see people a little drunk, but Baldwin was in some other zone of the universe.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:14 PM

the baldwin brother should NEVER have been invited, that was embarrassing to watch.

and i fully agree about penn jillette, he was a loud, obnoxious fool. i couldnt watch the show because all he did was yell and scream and lose his ass off. i can hardly watch the celebrity poker as it is due to its boorishness and slow moving action, but with players like him it is unwatchable.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:50 PM

It was ugly. The chips scattered all over the table thing was just crazy to watch. It looked to me like all the other players were a little put off by his behavior. I was happy to see him go out.

I'd like to see James Woods play again. He had some crap cards but I understand he's quite good.

Celeb Freak Night would be fun. You could throw in Tonya Harding, John Wayne Bobbit, and just about anybody from the 2000 Dallas Cowboys.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2004, 09:02 PM

I was surprised that episode was replayed. If and when Danial Baldwin sobers-up, and see's a tape of that show, he can see what a complete ass he made of himself.

Maybe the producers should give Drug Tests to the celebrities right before they go on. But..On the other hand, if they did that, the show would never "Go On". [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2004, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was ugly. The chips scattered all over the table thing was just crazy to watch. It looked to me like all the other players were a little put off by his behavior. I was happy to see him go out.

I'd like to see James Woods play again. He had some crap cards but I understand he's quite good.

Celeb Freak Night would be fun. You could throw in Tonya Harding, John Wayne Bobbit, and just about anybody from the 2000 Dallas Cowboys.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your idea. Include the Freakish one of them all as the dealer..."Michael Jackson".
Old 08-24-2004, 02:04 AM

How did ya all forget: Tony G?

BTW he is in the Paris episode for Season 3 of the WPT and you aint seen nothing yet....
[until that airs]

-Bri
Old 08-24-2004, 02:13 AM

Daniel Baldwin was once arrested for running naked through a New York hotel on the tail end of a 3 day crack binge.

You do the math.........
Old 08-24-2004, 02:14 AM

He's like that all the time, coke or no coke.

That's not to say he wasn't all coked up.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:36 AM

I hate to make this my first post...

But that was the weirdest and most obvious display of someone coked out of their mind I have ever seen on TV, except for maybe Farrah Fawcett on Letterman. His running off to the bathroom and then coming back sniffing and twitching was so blatant I can't believe they aired it.

These Celebrity shows are hard enough to watch as it is, but a guy like that adds a whole new aspect to the cringe factor.