Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 10:37 AM

Default Full Tilt - Phil Ivey \'promotion\' yesterday

My roommate has been playing a full tilt, and has found the NL games very soft there. Seems like people are maybe playing above their level since the game selection is poor.

Anyway, yesterday he sat down at a $1/$2 NL table that had a seat reserved for Phil Ivey. After playing a little while, Phil showed up, which is kinda neat (playing with the pros or whatever).

On maybe his 3rd or 4th hand, Phil took someone's entire $200 from the table when he turned a higher flush than the other guy. Soon after that hand, Phil said that he had to leave soon, to which someone said "well you have to give us some of that money back before you go!"

"Ok, I'm going to move all-in every hand until its all gone"
"This is my promotion"

Next hand, surely enough, he moves all in (and a pre-flop raiser folds, heh.. not paying attention??). Hand after that, someone else raises first, he moves all in with K5o, and gets called by ATs and hits a 5 to take $200 from the guy, increasing his stack to $600 now. True to his word he kept moving in every hand. A couple hands later my roommate gets a pair of 5's and takes $200 of it against Phil's Q5o. Then the guy who originally doubled Phil up with the flush gets pocket queens and pocket 8's back-to-back and wiped him out.

Anyway, was pretty interesting. The reaction from the players at the table ranged from "wooT!!" (players who won $100+ pots off him) to "that was pretty cool!" (players not involved) to "was that supposed to actually be fun???" (the guy who lost maybe? lol).
Old 09-09-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt - Phil Ivey \'promotion\' yesterday

Wow, sounds cool, there always has to be one idiot to bitch though.