Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

View Poll Results: 8 vs. 9
Harold Reynolds 12 11.76%
Joe Theismann 90 88.24%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Has anyone on the internet ever changed your mind about politics?

This is the only internet forum on which I debate politics. It has changed my mind on some small things but moved me off the fence on others. The most valuable part of the engaging in debate on here has done for me is to really examine why I believe what I believe. Their are a lot of very intelligent individuals on here and I think one would have to be a fool to discard what they out of hand. At the very least, I can better appreciate why people believe what they believe. Maybe I am in the minority here but I think this forum has helped my political views evolve and perhaps, dare I say it, become more nuanced. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is the only internet forum on which I debate politics. It has changed my mind on some small things but moved me off the fence on others. The most valuable part of the engaging in debate on here has done for me is to really examine why I believe what I believe. Their are a lot of very intelligent individuals on here and I think one would have to be a fool to discard what they out of hand. At the very least, I can better appreciate why people believe what they believe. Maybe I am in the minority here but I think this forum has helped my political views evolve and perhaps, dare I say it, become more nuanced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, vulture... I'll have you voting green party and wearing tie-dye hemp ponchos eventually.

[ QUOTE ]
At the very least, I can better appreciate why people believe what they believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah... some people are just plain nuts. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

lol... but i totally aggree with your post. poker players tend to be an intelligent, opinionated, articulate, and diverse group. this is, IMO, the best politics forum on the net that's not directly affiliated with one set of opinions or ideologies, and the discussions here have influenced my veiws a lot.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:37 AM

Well, I've never necessarily been argued into a corner, but that's because I don't do too much arguing.

But in terms of people on the internet changing my mind about politics...yes. PVN and the Catallarchy gang have profound impacts on my political philosophy.

Will
Old 12-13-2005, 01:24 AM

I've had my mind changed over in the science and philosophy forum much more then here in politics.

I will say this helps me refine my understanding and arguements greatly.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:06 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]