Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-26-2005, 08:26 PM

Default I\'m a major LAG

I have been playing w/ this opponent for a while and he seems to play a normal solid MTT game. I've yet to see him limp and after 200 hands my #s on him are like 11/7. Is this insane?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1500 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t23932)
CO (t14250)
Button (t5430)
SB (t33352)
BB (t14148)
UTG (t29159)
UTG+1 (t12710)
MP1 (t39606)
MP2 (t14460)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
3 folds</font>, MP2 calls t1500, Hero folds.

Edited to add that this is the final 2 tables of a Party $109 and money means nothing to me so I'm going for 1st baby!
Old 12-26-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: I\'m a major LAG

yes. you have to at least limp behind.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:36 PM

With these stack sizes, what are you looking to accomplish by limping behind? Getting all in on the 842 flops? Can't much play for set value given MP2's stack size.

Not disputing that you have a good case, I'm just trying to work this out in my head. It seems to me that we'll get stuck in there vs. what is likely AA or KK on many safe looking flops. We don't have a lot of wiggle room here once a bet is made on the flop.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes. you have to at least limp behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-26-2005, 08:42 PM

If you are 100% sure that he has AA/KK then you are limping purely for set value which is ok as its less than 10%. It is also possible to not go broke on an all low flop. Just play carefully, like call the flop and fold the turn if he bets twice. You are in one of two situations. Either you are 100% sure he has AA/KK in which case you are just deep enough to limp only for set value, or you fear it enough to not raise, but aren't completely sure, in which you should be playing carefully on safe flops which has some value.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With these stack sizes, what are you looking to accomplish by limping behind? Getting all in on the 842 flops? Can't much play for set value given MP2's stack size.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's deep enough to limp for set value, and don't forget your limp will probably encourage others, especially the blinds, to come in cheap and there will be plenty of implied odds.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-26-2005, 09:22 PM

I really think that you have to raise here, namely to be sure that SB doesn't get in cheap since he's the only one at the table who can knock you out.

You have a pretty strong hand for this stage of the tourney and if you're playing for first, I don't see how you can nont raise here, much less fold.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:29 PM

Wow Ian.

I'd probably limp for set value at least...

Thats quite the fold.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:40 PM

I limp for set value here.

A set undoubtedly gets paid big here, and its only 1500 chips, you can get away easy.

Not raising is fine with me, it's only 9s, I'd raise 10s tho. 9s is just on the wrong side of the track for me.
Wierd fold.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:59 AM

Worryin about the SB is like the least concern in my book.

I think this is a pretty interesting spot. But I think if you are that spooked about his limp, all the more reason to limp behind with something that can flop big. Its likely his limp is spookey to other so you can most of the time be pretty sure that no one behind you will take a shot at the pot with nothing... You also have the right to call an AI after you limp if this is something to worry about.

-Jason