Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-21-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: iMsoLucky0 confuses me.

given the recent history between you two, I'd check the flop here with the plan of calling a turn bet and getting to showdown cheap. If he follows through on the river you have to strongly consider folding, although obv. it depends on what the actual cards are.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:30 AM

Are you at all worried about hand protection here? A pair of tens seems pretty vulnerable. Also, would you still advocate checking here if the board was two tone instead?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:44 AM

Its a pretty dry flop. There are no real draws that the BB can have. You have to worry about him hitting an overcard sure, but thats a small price to pay in exchange for controling the size of the pot. If the flop had a flush draw it increases the appeal of betting but id still check a good percentage of the time. With deep stacks protecting your hand is only one of many factors you need to consider.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:57 AM

Thanks, that makes sense. Also, another reason to check behind (even though its a small reason) is the backdoor flush draw that you have in the cases that he is slowplaying a set.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:27 AM

bleh, folding the turn is fine, everything up to it is fine. I don't think I check this flop, I just don't like playing this pot on the turn and river if an overcard comes with no info from imso. Also, his little chat would have me a bit scared.