Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: FT Hand - Hero is a thief

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's pretty basic thinking, but based on the Chat you quoted, I think you are behind to a slow-played overpair or set here. Best case scenario you are against AdKd and are a 3-1 favorite, but I think you're behind.

In the heat of the moment, however, I'm not sure I wouldn't think he was putting a move on me to try to put me in my place. But in a sterile environment, it appears you're in trouble.

Or is my thinking flawed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the chat makes it a little more likely check-check, check equals a trap. He's waiting for aggressive guy to hang himself. Although betting into aggressive guy is probably the better line - we should have gotten off the hook pretty cheap here.

But monsters don't appear just because Villain wants to trap us, and a check is usually just a check. Once he checkraises the turn, I think we're way behind his range, and it's time to fold.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: FT Hand - Hero is a thief

no, but lets do some simple calulating. there's 10k in the pot, now lets say that he bets 8k on the river when he hits (thats a big bet, but thats what hero bet so ill just use that). villain hits 6/42 and the time he hits it costs us 18k (10k in the pot + 8k we call). (6/42)(18)=2.6.

My gut says we make more than that, as its a small amount, but my pizza just got here and im hungry so im aborting the math.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Thought process and results.

Okay, here's how I thought things out during the hand:

Preflop: Hey, I have two cards. Raise. When he cold-called I figured he had something, probably a couple of high cards. Given the blinds, any made hand was probably pushing here. In any case I wasn't too worried here.

Flop: Villain checks. Again, up to this point I'd been autobetting every flop, and didn't want to get CRed here.

Turn: Hey, a pair! Villain checks. Okay, what does that tell me about his hand? First, it says that the flop missed him entirely. Top pair or an overpair might go for the CR once, but there's no way he is going to risk a second free card. By this logic, I'm ahead, right? So make a standard c-bet, one street late.

Villain CRs: Again, I'm pretty sure I'm ahead here, and I've got the villain drawing to six outs at most. Agreed I should have just gotten my chips in here, but I called.

River: He pushes. 4:1 on my call no brainer.

Villain had ATo.

Where this really paid off, was Shania. The table went nuts, and one player said, "Okay, no bluffing."
Old 12-20-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Thought process and results.

wow... after your turn call, villians river push is really bad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]