Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-19-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Back to back to back

so i go over to the Palace to play some NL hold'em but find out that the game broke like an hour before. the only other games that the Palace offers is 3/6 and 4/8 limit holdem so I decide to play 3/6 and make up my mind to try to play my A+ game so I can go buy myself a DVD tommorow or something.

3 orbits into the table i have not played a single hand but it is a fantastic table. the guy sitting to my left is literally a 100% vpip player and sees a showdown with any pair and sometimes ace high in a multiway pot. he is also a very erratic player that will bet 5 high into a 4 way raised pot on the river on a AK947 board. he is stuck a bundle of money. we will call him SuperGreatPlayer.

hand 1
some random bad player raises utg. 2 coldcallers. i 3-bet on the button with JJ. SuperGreatPlayer calls in the sb which means he has two cards. 4 way flop.

flop is 7 7 4

checked to me and i bet and SuperGreatPlayer checkraises and clears the field. i call.

turn is a J.

he bets. i raise. he 3-bets. i 4-bet. he 5-bets. i 6-bet. he 7-bets. i 8-bet. i 9-bet. he 10-bets. i 11-bet. he 12-bets. i call.

river: 3

bet call and he tables 77 and I muck my hand.

hand 2. next hand

i am now the CO. SuperGreatPlayer is on the button.

some random guy raises utg. 4 coldcallers. i 3-bet with KK. SuperGreatPlayer calls on the button. blinds fold. 7 players to the flop.

flop: T 7 6

Random guy bets. 2 calls. I raise. SuperGreatPlayer calls. Random guy and 2 callers call. 5 players.

turn: 2

checked to me and i bet. SuperGreatPlayer calls. 2 other calls.

river: 5

checked to me and I bet again. only SuperGreatPlayer calls me and he shows 75 and I muck my hand.

Hand 3 next hand.

I am now the hijack and SuperGreatPlayer is the CO.

2 players limp and i raise Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and SuperGreatPlayer calls. Button calls. 5 way pot.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

A bet. A fold. I raise. SuperGreatPlayer 3-bets. Button folds. Bettor folds. I cap. SuperGreatPlayer calls.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet. He raises. I 3-bet. He 4-bets. I 5-bet. He 6-bets. I 7-bet. He just calls.

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet. He raises. I 3-bet. He 4-bets. I 5-bet. He 6-bets. I 7-bet. He 8-bets. I 9-bet. He just calls.

and shows K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. THE NIZUTS. oops.

I play one more orbit and don't play another hand and then leave.

So, 4 orbits. played 3 out of 36 hands. 8% vpip. - 42 bets.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Back to back to back

yikes.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:45 AM

CDC,

Going 12 bets on the turn with your full house is just excessive. If he is still pumping it after 7 bets your are in trouble.

Again the last hand, puttiing in 9 bets on the river after he showed no intention of stopping on the turn is just major spewing, especially since there is no indication on your part that he is aggresive, just terrible.

Too really tough bad beats, but you could have saved at least 16 or 17 bets if you just relax.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:54 AM

if at some point during your furious raising it occurred to you that you might be behind, but if so, you would have a great story for BBV - making it a huge win-win, then you sir, rule.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Again the last hand, puttiing in 9 bets on the river after he showed no intention of stopping on the turn is just major spewing

[/ QUOTE ]

um... how about the fact that he stopped on the turn?

as far as the JJ hand goes. i am fairly convinced that i probably should have lost more money on that hand. i should have included this but i witnessed a previous hand where he went 8 bets on the turn once with trips no kicker. i only stopped this time because i figured maybe he learned from his mistake on that hand.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if at some point during your furious raising it occurred to you that you might be behind, but if so, you would have a great story for BBV - making it a huge win-win, then you sir, rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd be lying if i said the thought didn't cross my mind. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 12:16 PM

Hand 2 he chases with crap pair all the way to the river, then hits his 2nd pair and check/calls? lol. He doesn't realize that if he chases stuff without the odds, he needs to make up those bets when he improves to the winning hand? Why chase to the river if u just check/call when improved?

Hand 3, he just calls on the final end with the nuts?

You could have lost at least 2 more big bets.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:49 PM

Man, that sucks. What DVD were you planning on buying?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, that sucks. What DVD were you planning on buying?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 40 Year Old Virgin or if I did really well, the new Simpsons set.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:54 PM

Have you thought about getting netflix? You wouldn't have to depend on doing well in live 3/6 limit poker for your DVD collection.