Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Did I take this one too far?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.58 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (6.92 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (6.46 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (9.46 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

River - (12.46 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (15.46 BB)
Old 12-17-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Did I take this one too far?

If you don't think anyone hit trips then you take this all the way to the river like you did. But against 2 paired door cards who raised on third the safe play is to fold it right there on forth unless you have a good reason to put them on a lesser hand.

I think the line is, don't chase a draw that you won't be comfortable raising with if you make it.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:21 AM

Fold 3rd. Don’t call 2 cold with a 3-flush without at least one over card.

Probably fold 4th. At least one of these guys should have trips in which case your not in good shape. If both of them have trips, you’re in terrible shape.

Probably fold 5th, too. The min bet by seat 3 on 4th was a bit strange and could have meant that he had just two pairs. When he bets 5th again though, he should have trips plus seat 1 most definitely has trips (so your gutshot is worth zip).

Raise 6th. It would suck to get 3-bet (although you could maybe find a fold if that happens) but you have to raise anyway. Seat 1 is going to call for sure, but you have to make them pay to draw.

Going for the overcall on the river is fine I guess.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:46 PM

Third is a little dubious, but OK. Fourth is a fold. Even though you can account for the K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], trip Kings remain the bettor's most likely hand. It's fairly likely that the other guy has made trips as well, so between the two of them, you're going to be up against at least one set most of the time. Even if they both "only" have two pair, you're still not in that great of shape.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:33 PM

I agree with Roland.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:58 PM

3rd street makes me cry.

you are in bad shape on 4th and you didn't even realize it. one if not both your opponents have trips and your flush draw equity is down the tubes.

that said given that you made it that far i think you have to raise 6th street.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:43 PM

3rd street should be an easy fold. Fourth is also a fold, although if I somehow get to fifth, I probably call because of the pot size. If you decide to play the hand, you have to raise sixth, I think. I don't see any point in drawing to hands that you are too scared to raise when you catch the perfect card.