Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: I like Phil Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is just ridiculous and retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

You appear to be using some sort of strange variant spellings. Perhaps this is some sort of in-joke that I am not a part of.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOES NOT COMPUTE *sound fx*
Old 10-19-2005, 05:15 AM

That guy Phil reraised had called another allin with frigging JTs, and didn't understand why it wasn't a bad beat. If Phil's truly a player who thinks he can outplay anyone, why not wait for a flop instead of letting this obvious moron push you into at best a 75-25 all in for most of your chips?

The AK fold to me seemed more like weak play that turned out right. And even if it was a read, that old man was super confident and chatty with Phil during the decision. Big deal.

Oh, and checking in the dark over and over is stupid.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That guy Phil reraised had called another allin with frigging JTs, and didn't understand why it wasn't a bad beat. If Phil's truly a player who thinks he can outplay anyone, why not wait for a flop instead of letting this obvious moron push you into at best a 75-25 all in for most of your chips?

The AK fold to me seemed more like weak play that turned out right. And even if it was a read, that old man was super confident and chatty with Phil during the decision. Big deal.

Oh, and checking in the dark over and over is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a very good read by Phil on AK vs AA, albiet a bit late. The minraise preflop followed by the checked ace flop and shrug bet on turn SCREAMED huge. Social security rule was in effect too, and that guy HAD to be 96.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:36 AM

([ QUOTE ]
If Phil's truly a player who thinks he can outplay anyone, why not wait for a flop instead of letting this obvious moron push you into at best a 75-25 all in for most of your chips?)

I think you have to put your chips in every time you think you're a 3-1 or 4-1 favorite. If you wait for better odds then that in hold'em you'll be waiting a long time. Someone almost always has outs even after you hit a big flop. All you can do is be happy when you get your money in with the best hand and then go to the bathroom and vomit when the 3 outer hits the river.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:21 PM

I agree, but Phil doesn't, if you beleive all the ridiculous folds he brags about.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to put your chips in every time you think you're a 3-1 or 4-1 favorite. If you wait for better odds then that in hold'em you'll be waiting a long time. Someone almost always has outs even after you hit a big flop. All you can do is be happy when you get your money in with the best hand and then go to the bathroom and vomit when the 3 outer hits the river.

[/ QUOTE ]