Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: So I just lost 30K......

Tuck Foledo all the time. Omar Jenkins, number one overall draft pick? He should be. My buddy is a huge OSU fan and he likes to rip the MAC. I like to point out to him that Marshall is one of only two colleges to have two starting QBs in the NFL (Leftwich and Pennington). There are three starting total including that punk in Pittsburgh. When Frye takes over in Cleveland, that'll be four MAC QBs in the NFL. Whereas Ohio State will still have no QBs in the NFL running teams. Not to mention one of the best wide receivers ever comes from a MAC school. Oh yeah, Jason Taylor went to Akron. Go MAC. Go BG. Can't read. Can't write. Kent State.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many players turn $50 into $100K in a 150K hand, 1.5 year period?

[/ QUOTE ]

I turned $20 into around $85,000 in <5months and ~100k hands...98% ring. But I digress...
Old 11-18-2005, 04:59 PM

Take it the sports-forum guys (from a Miami-Ohio guy who is a little bitter from having seen his alma-mater suck on national TV like few teams have sucked before)
Old 11-18-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So he basically lost 15 buy ins in 5 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

$hit I lost 6 buyins within 4 hours this week....only at the NL100 though but still it hurt so I sympathize but since then I've come back to win 9 buyins in 3 days.... the swings are wild so 15 buyins in 5 days is probably more common than one would expect.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many players turn $50 into $100K in a 150K hand, 1.5 year period?

[/ QUOTE ]
That really doesn't say much about your skill-level. I somehow doubt that you've only been playing for 1.5 years and you're ready for bigger games. Those kind of statements do not help your argument. What you should do is post what has happened to you, then not respond to anything anyone says. Just read what people write and take it in. I'm serious. Don't defend yourself, don't try to explain, just listen. If you do that, I guarantee you'll get some great advice.