Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Calling every Flop, Calling every Flop

I've seen some posts lately regarding players calling every flop.. whether it be in extreme low limit just as a learning lesson on post flop play, or others where people
have suggested it based on good results they got from trying it..

anyways.. Ive tried it a couple times in 25 max no limit games with mixed results.. losin my stack a few times or getting up Huge a couple times.. at my Local B&M, theres a few old asian players that I've seen that play this way and i tend to notice when they are up ( who knows how many times they bust out ) but they are usually up HUGE.. just last nite in a 20min-40max (1-1 blind very small NL game) this guy was at 520 in front.. i mean he literally covered everyone at the table combined..

well enough rambling.. My play is pretty typical Tight aggressive.. I'll only try a raise/bluff maybe once a session as I can tell others view me as tight so it'll work if i time it right.. I do alright and have been a winning player for just a few years but it's always been small amounts.. 80 bucks here60 bucks there.. sometimes 200 sometimes 10 bucks.. .. but some nights I can sit there and not catch a hand for 8 hours straight.. but my Q-6 I folded in LP will boat up and other rags like that.. and I would make a boat load from the random drunk thats got more paint every hand then shirwin williams.

It just seems from every post I read with all these people asking about odds to hit this or that.. wouldn't u want to be in every hand ( as long as its cheap when your playin the rags) to see if you will hit.. the more i contemplate it I realize im playing tight and when i finally catch a playable hand the odds of me hitting on that one particular flop are slim, and not only that even slimmer to be the best hand by the river..

I guess very extensive play time would have to be done to see if this strategy works well but just wanted to get others thoughts on it.. I figure a really smart player would capitilize best in this situation..
Old 09-11-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Calling every Flop, Calling every Flop

This behavior is common in pot limit and no limit games due to the implied odds. When I can enter a hand for $1 with the potential of winning someone's whole stack it becomes a reasonable strategy.

At the low limit pot limit omaha tables it is typical to see 70%+ of the players seeing the flop. There are times I check my numbers and see that I have entered 40-50% of the time. In a limit game this would be death but in pot or no limit some people consider me tight.