Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 02:59 PM

Default First time poster, long time lurker

I’m quitting my current job and not starting my new one for two weeks. In other words, I have two weeks of vacation time coming up. I actually plan on traveling and NOT playing poker at all. I work hard at my job and on poker. I just don’t want to think for those two weeks. I plan on visiting friends and family.

Here is the problem. I’ve been playing my “A” game for the last month. I play three to four hours every night after work. I’ve noticed an improvement in my ability to read hands and ability to get away from trouble. My question is: am I going to lose some of my game when I make my return back to the ring? Will it take some time to get my game back to where it currently is? I know everyone is different, but a few personal stories would help me out. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: First time poster, long time lurker

I think you'll be fine, maybe a little rusty, but the break may also help rejuvinate you.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: First time poster, long time lurker

[ QUOTE ]
I think you'll be fine, maybe a little rusty, but the break may also help rejuvinate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we all thought TSC would last less than 20 minutes in yesterdays 2+2 sng but he actually lasted about 35 minutes despite not having played one in about 6 months.