Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: $33\'s: Got my @$$ kicked AGAIN last night (5 hands)

Played with a Dr__Jekyll last night, I thought it was you, but I guess not. Good thing too, because he severely misplayed a number of hands IMO.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:20 PM

Hand 1 I think is fine, Hand 2 I probally call since it sounds like its been very aggressive. Hand 3 Id just fold but maybe min raise or something depending on the villian. Hand 4 I just push over the top PF. Hand 5 is way too big of a bet. Sometimes I limp behind and sometimes I raise to 3X + 1X for every limper.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Played with a Dr__Jekyll last night, I thought it was you, but I guess not. Good thing too, because he severely misplayed a number of hands IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not me, but as you can see, I misplayed a few hands myself [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not me, but as you can see, I misplayed a few hands myself [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok once you get the hang of things, the $33s are donktastic. It's like they're throwing money around.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:40 PM

1, Ugly spot, with your stack & position I might just fold, although I generally don't like open-folding AQ preflop. You gotta call the re-raise.

2, You gotta call, it's not close.

3, This seems thin but is surely not a big mistake.

4, Push preflop, the raise is like a quarter of your stack! What is he gonna do, fold? After raising more than a quarter of his own stack?

5, I would just make a normal raise here. There isn't enough in the pot to make me feel comfortable pushing.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually Hand #2 is pretty much read dependent as well. He has to be pushing top 1/3rd of hands to call here. So you do have to have some idea what he's playing like. Usually though that's a fair enough range against your usual $55 player

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you guys even consider folding this hand!? You have like 2.5bb if you fold, and it's the SB who's pushing. And the whole table is a pushfest according to OP. And you have an Ace!
Old 12-20-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually Hand #2 is pretty much read dependent as well. He has to be pushing top 1/3rd of hands to call here. So you do have to have some idea what he's playing like. Usually though that's a fair enough range against your usual $55 player

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you guys even consider folding this hand!? You have like 2.5bb if you fold, and it's the SB who's pushing. And the whole table is a pushfest according to OP. And you have an Ace!

[/ QUOTE ]

I also folded an A5 during the push fest, where the pusher was called and both had A2... I think if I had called it would have been split 3 ways due to over cards on board.

Just to clarify, it is a call, not just b/c I have an ace, but b/c it is a push fest AND blinds are huge, right?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:29 PM

Yes, blinds are big compared to your stack.

If this was level 1, you can fold this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, blinds are big compared to your stack.

If this was level 1, you can fold this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-20-2005, 08:33 PM

Hand 2 is an easy call. You have to be calling something like the top 55% in this spot. The NE is something like 86/55, but you still have to call with the top 55% even if don't know what his pushing range is. He could be pushing the top 20% and you don't really mind calling 55% of the time since he is walking you four out of five times. So any deviation that he makes helps you while any deviation you make could be good or bad depending on how aggressive he is. I would take the sure thing.

Hand 3 I'm pushing any two. Yeah it might not always work out, but the villian is rooting for you to fold and that means I'm shoving.

Brad