Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Crystal meth more popular than weed?

i think i read where the US did so as well. speed's also a big seller in major league baseball, especially on day games following night games (usually getaway day at the end of a series).
when it started blowing up in hawaii, they said that that form of the drug (crystals) was developed in the orient and that they liked the small airstrips on remote areas of the hawaiian islands as entry points into the US. iirc, 'batu' is the filipino name for the drug and 'shabu' is the korean name for it.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
physical deformities

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Before and after pictures

Full story from Oregon newspaper
Old 07-26-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I submit that everyone on this message board is too old to have any clue if this is true. I'm 25 and have an 18 year old nephew. When I was in HS meth was non-existant. In the last 18 months 80-85% of my nephew's friends have turned into full bore meth addicts. None of these kids smoke bud anymore--everything they have is put into getting meth. I wouldn't doubt that meth has overtaken bud in gross consumption, since meth addicts have to constantly get more and more to function. A heavy bud smoker can make due with a 1/4 ounce a week. There is probably more bud smokers but, individualy, they smoke much less quantity than meth addicts do.

BTW, 90% of the 80-85% of my nephew's friends have already destroyed their life via death, prison, and physical deformities. This shite is wicked bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you start doing meth you stop smoking weed. You want to save your money for meth. Now, I don't believe that meth is more prevalent that weed, but I can see how it could be getting close.

If you have never lived in a rural area or don't know people that do meth (ie you're just a typical pot smoker) I can see how this would be hard to believe. But there are a LOT more meth users than the average person realizes.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:04 PM

yeah, but the dose they gave pilots etc... was maybe 5 mg. I think the average recreational dose is like 40 mg or something. Amphetamine psychosis has been around for a while and I think will get worse with the meth boom. Meth is a hideous drug. It is really impacting rural areas. Big problem is the permanent changes to the brain and a person's ability to feel pleasure again from anything but the drug. Very addictive and it has bad long term effects. Terrible drug. Talk to some mental health professionals in a small town near you with a meth problem.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
physical deformities

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Before and after pictures

Full story from Oregon newspaper

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like one of the side effects is it makes you get a bad haircut.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:38 PM

Meth is absolutely horrible on the west coast, with Oregon being one of the worst places for it. WA is bad as well in certain areas.

Recent MSN article on Meth

[ QUOTE ]
The federal government still considers marijuana the top drug problem in the nation, citing a 2003 survey estimating 15 million people who had smoked marijuana over the last month, compared with 600,000 meth users over the previous month

[/ QUOTE ]

Meth is far greater a problem, but more people still smoke weed. I would stress that anyone who knows someone on meth, do whatever you can to help them get off of it ASAP. It is literally wrecking whole communities, and I think its impact will be even worse than that of crack's in the 80's.

But, atleast the Federal Government is starting to crack down on meth....
Old 07-27-2005, 01:44 AM

Scientific paper

Just an FYI.

1 single low dose of meth during pregnancy causes retarded babies in mice.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:59 AM

you don't need to tell me. That [censored] is horrible man, it is literally ruining lives of thousands of people. I know that Meth hasn't really hit most of America all that hard. But when it does(because it will) it will be bad.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:03 AM

i have a medical marijuana license...my legitimate family doctor ive had for 15 years perscribed it to me after i tore all the ligaments in my shoulder for pain relief. i already smoked anyways though and i enjoy it to this day. its perfectly fine when used when all you want to do is relax, if i ever actually have time to relax anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. and no one i know has ever used meth. weird...

rj
Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is the difference between meth and ice?

[/ QUOTE ]

As crack is to cocaine, Ice is to meth.

From DEA website:

"Ice is a very pure, smokable form of methamphetamine that is more addictive than other forms of the substance..."