Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 02:15 AM

Default B&M Hourly rates for $2/$5 NLHE

Just curious what you guys are making per hour if you're a winning NLHE player at a live cardroom with 2/5 blinds.

Someone told me that a winning 1/2 player would probably move up before sample size allowed a reasonable calculation of winrate, and that they would move to 2/5.

Therefore I ask about the 2/5 winrates.

Please answer if you can.

--Dave.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: B&M Hourly rates for $2/$5 NLHE

I deal 2/5 Hold Em four days a week. I am not sure if it can be beaten due to the nature of the house take + tips + bad beat allocation. 2/5 tends to have bigger tippers in the game coupled with a 3 dollar to 3.50 drop and a 1 to 2 dollar bad beat drop. From my limited experiance (3 1/2 years) I have yet seen a person beat the game CONSISTANTLY. Hope this helps =o)

Cory
Old 05-05-2005, 03:16 AM

It really depends on the texture of the game more than anything else. In my experience, sustained winrates of $40+/hr are entirely possible by excellent players in good but not fantastic games.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:21 AM

This is a bad joke.

Small live NL games are some of the most crushable games being spread at the moment. Perhaps you don't realize that you don't need to win every night to have a real nice win at the end of the year.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:23 AM

this pokrok guy is way off. The bellagio $2/$5 game is so killable. OMG easy game. And I suck at no limit.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:46 AM

It sounds like your local 2/5 game would be a goldmine if any of us could find it.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It really depends on the texture of the game more than anything else. In my experience, sustained winrates of $40+/hr are entirely possible by excellent players in good but not fantastic games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this entirely. I actually had an hourly rate going of ~$40 at a 1/2 nl game over a period of three months. It has since dropped some, due to some cold sessions, but I am supremely confident that it can be brought back up, even at the lower level NL.

-Yarney
Old 05-05-2005, 09:23 AM

My apoligies! I did not read this post properly. I was reffering to 2/5 limit hold em. Again, sorry for responding to a post I did not take the time to read properly.

Cory
Old 05-05-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My apoligies! I did not read this post properly. I was reffering to 2/5 limit hold em. Again, sorry for responding to a post I did not take the time to read properly.

Cory

[/ QUOTE ]

what is 2/5 limit? i've never heard of that. what card room do you deal at?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cory

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense, then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks though.

I think if you're in a pretty bad LHE game where you can consistently win 3bb+/100 hands, then you're probably looking at a game where they play 20-25 hands per hour and you could therefore make about 0.75bb / hour, or: about $3.75, right (1/2 blinds and 2/5 bets)?

Obviously, winning 2/100 at a 20/40 lhe game (10/20 blinds) that played 30-35 hands per hour, you'd be doing much better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--Dave.

Edit: And if you can beat a 2/5 game for that much after rake, you should be moving up!!!