Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-11-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: A Pm I received

Sounds good. I changed the sticky. I woudn't want new posters getting all scared. However, I would cite this post in the future if the OOT experiment ends up going on indefinitely or if good 2+2 posters end up banned instead of exiled.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:02 PM

Good 2+2 posters will never be banned permanently because of oot silliness. I won't allow that, and i know that it is not what censored wants either
Old 11-12-2005, 02:59 AM

some posters are valuble or tolerable. those need to be warned or controled.
some are clearly not needed or wanted on the site. those should be banned for good.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:48 AM

What's your take on censored?
Old 11-12-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your take on censored?

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty agree with Ray Zee, all posters are not equal and we shouldn't pretend that they are. Additionally, all forums are not equal. 2+2 is at its heart a poker forum. Thus posters who are trying to learn poker and posting about strategy should be given more leeway than posters who are not. IMO using the forums which are provided as a venue for opinions outside of strategy come with a responsibility. Put simply don't be a [censored]. If they can't follow simple guidelines like mine of JBB's then yes they should be banned. This is much different than say the MTT mod banning a new poster for asking a newbie type question.

in 99% of the banning cases, regardless of what the poster says later in PM or email, its quite clear that when they made the banning offense they were purposely trying to be a jackass on some level.

If I were to dictate how moderating were to be done I would do so like this.

small stakes forums would have less severe moderation than high stakes forums. posters who post in mid/high would be held to a much higher quality standard.

All opinion forums would have a zero tolerance for jackassedness policy. needless bashing of pro's in WPT for example = ban. Posting crap in OOT, pictutes of GF, stupid raltionship/dating questions,your morning [censored], all of it = ban.

I would strive to make the 2+2 forums not just the most used poker forum on the net but a forum with an impecible reputation for the most intelligent and helpful discussion regardless of the topic. I would court smart users and make life difficult for shitheads. I think this is the standard the 2+2 books holdthemselves to and I don't think the forum should be any different.

I would also strongly consider either adding or moving to a fee based forum of something like $10/yr. You would easily get 1500 of the top users right off the bat who would make a unmatched forum as far as quality of information goes. The rest would take care of itself.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:49 PM

my overall take is that the forums should be run to attract the largest amount of posters and viewers. and to give the boot to those that will decrease that by their actions whatever that may be.
surely some forums are composed of people just talking and living their dreams and expressing views of whatever pops into their mind at that moment. they straddle the line as its hard to tell their worth. but overall if they keep within resonable guidlines they are okay. its the ones that have to push the limits and try to make fools out of others for no apparent reason. they should go as long as they are not of much value on other forums. then put them in their place.
years back each banning was such a large event, as we had a clsoe nit community with a much smaller audience. not so today. banning more people is a funcion of the size of it all.
still all the moderators must keep their position as one of respect from the general crowd in their forums. they dont need the respect of those on the way out.