Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Notes

Is notes in PLO as important as in NL Holdem? What kind of notes do you make playing Omaha?
For example, here is some of my common notes for NL Holdem 6-max:
"c-r F-set T" = "check-raise flopped set on turn"
"b FD F in LP mw" = "bet flush draw on flop in late position multiway"
"CS, VLB" = "call station, very like to bluff" (well, yes, I play low-limit NL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
and so on

In Omaha (and I play 25$ PLO at party) all my notes is like "Moron", "CS", "VLB". But this is for low limit PLO. What kind of play do you make notes for in skilled PLO games? Any comments are appreciated
P.S. Maybe I should sorry for my English, this is not my native language
Old 10-23-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Notes

My notes in PLO: "nutpeddler" and "tricky". So i can save myself some bucks on who to call and who to not.

If u are using PTO i assume i would like to keep track of PF raising hands. Like if an opponent only raises with AAxx then that would be nice to know. Other than that i dont know since ive never used PT when playing holdem.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:50 AM

I actually make notes something like a combination of your's and flip's. I make a conscious effort to note style of play (agg., tricky, silly), with a few specific lines they have taken with a specific quality of hands to reference for close decision (though in these games you usually do not need to make too many). The line specific notes also take the form occasionally of "will play whole stack w/btm2 on flop". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (smiley face not included on note) I also note who builds pot with made hands v. big draws. There are players in the Party PLO $25 games who do everything you can imagine, just sort out who is who.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:59 AM

Most of my notes consist of donk, rock, etc. But I also note when they make a play that catches my eye like: always slowplays set, does/doesn't bet draws, will check/call then bet when any draw hits...at least those are some of the notes i see now