Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 10:42 PM

Default We should be told...

Anyone can create an account, anyone can post anywhere within this site. What we aren't told up front is that we might be censored or have our post deleted because it is critical of the site itself.

Pure flame? That is understandable, the internet has been around long enough for experienced users to understand the deletrious effects of flame, of rampant unnecessary cursing, of pure hate-speech...

When I post something about people having different opinions from the majority in the poker theory forum though, and finding other places to express their opinions... I didn't even say where, I didn't advertise for some other site. I just said that some people were tiring of the endless numbers chatter... *squashed* *deleted*

Censorship.

I'd have liked to have known that was a probability up front.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: We should be told...

[ QUOTE ]

Censorship.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't understand the meaning of this word.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:56 PM

That's all you've got? Apparently you don't either.

Let me expand a bit, for clarity.

I value reads more than pure math. If I know I can push the guy off his hand, I'll push him off. It doesn't matter if he has me beat.

I'm in the minority of people willing to push that opinion. In a post on this topic I said something along the lines of "This is why so many of us aren't posting here anymore."

The entire post was deleted, the thread was allowed to die. Why?
Old 04-26-2005, 11:09 PM

Your story just isn't believable.

Without providing all the specifics of your situation, very few people are going to believe you had posts deleted just because you disagree with those who run the site.

I've had many disagreements about strategy with Mason and David. I've never had a post deleted. Many more can same the same thing.

You aren't credible.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:18 PM

If you dont like it, why are you still posting here? Are you trying to pull a Jerry Mcguire and get some people to leave with you?
Old 04-26-2005, 11:26 PM

No.

Check the dates. I post infrequently. It is not an 'all or nothing' decision. It is more about that particular section of the forums being too narrow, or useless.

I still check in from time to time...

Truth is, or summary is, I rely on my reads, I make money with my reads, there isn't much else to be learned. I check in from time to time, in spare moments, to see if there is anything I can offer. I enjoy the psychology thread a lot.

I posted this because I was curious as to whether or not it would be deleted as well. Now that there are so many responses, I doubt it. Mission accomplished.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:31 PM

That's just note D&M's style.

Flames? Yes. Hate screeds? Yes. Disagreements? No.

And regarding censorship -- it's their site they can do whatever they want. Censorship is when it's imposed by the government. Even if what you say is true so what? Got a problem with that? Pony up the bucks and open your own site.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:46 PM

Are you retarted?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you retarted?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, it is retarded.

To start simply, no, I am not retarded.

To expand, what is the point of your post? Do you honestly believe that people with debilitating IQs are capable of creating a post similar to mine? Was yours a genuine question about my capability? I'm guessing no. I'm guessing that you saw an easy response and posted it. Why not, and this is just a suggestion mind you, why not post a thoughtful critique of my post? Why not tell me exactly where you believe I went wrong?

Maybe you are barely bright enough to mispell the most common insult in these forums... maybe you are a step above "retarted".

Begin edit -

Or wait, was I supposed to be impressed by your high post count? I understand that many people rest on their ability to burn hour after hour here. I'm sorry if I'm challenging your 'authority' in some way...
Old 04-27-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly believe that people with debilitating IQs are capable of creating a post similar to mine?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are debilitating IQs?