Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 09:40 PM

Default Re: pokerstars connection problems?

This is ridiculous. I can get into the lobby, but not the individual tables. Also, I can see that my stacks are shrinking, so some people still have access. Why does Stars not shut down all action when they have a problem like this. They may have just convinced me to move my bankroll elsewhere.

Rick Diesel
Old 10-25-2004, 09:41 PM

Got 15k in the 22+r, played for a long time with 5 people sitting out, now it's just frozen, and i'm really hoping i dont jsut get my money back.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
same problems.......Also I have $0 in my account and that's freakin me out

[/ QUOTE ]

It is only showing ZERO in your account because of the connection problems. I have had this happen before. Trust that your money is still there. Do not worry about that.

Regarding your investment in the tourney, well you're SOL on that one.

I was in a SNG, 2 table, with 8 left. I was chip leader, with about double what the closest player had. I was in the BB, dealt 6/3. Flop came 6/6/T. SB bet into me, I called, there were 2 others behind me, and that's where it froze.

I was able to get back on for a few minutes at about 9:05 PM, and the SNG had ended.

Thanks to everyone for responding!!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Got 15k in the 22+r, played for a long time with 5 people sitting out, now it's just frozen, and i'm really hoping i dont jsut get my money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your money back???? I severely doubt that will happen. Your stack will shrink, and you'll probably not even get an apology. And yes, it appears that some can play, without connection problems. Go figure.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:50 PM

Yeah, we as players should not have to stand for a few hours of problem in an otherwise mostly perfect program!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:50 PM

Is anyone actually able to play right now? Is it only a select few who are frozen or is this site wide?
Old 10-25-2004, 09:52 PM

Default fair?

This is not just a reply to gfunk911, I have seen several similar posts tonight. I do think ps needs to make ammends to those who have been screwed, but think about this quote.
[ QUOTE ]
played for a long time with 5 people sitting out, now it's just frozen, and i'm really hoping i dont jsut get my money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I read this correctly, it is quite alright that the 5 people who got disconnected and whose blinds were being pilfered should get screwed, but you should get more than your buyin back?

just my thoughts and I truly wonder what others think?

Ryan
Old 10-25-2004, 10:00 PM

Default Re: fair?

I was trading blinds with one or two others for about 20 hands. It was ridiculous. I think if it is only one or two people who are having issues per table then the tourney should go on and those people who are sitting out with connectivity issues should get refunded.

When most of the site has crashed then they should cancel all tourneys and refund all entry fees.

And give us free stress stars to say they're sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Chris
Old 10-25-2004, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, we as players should not have to stand for a few hours of problem in an otherwise mostly perfect program!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not condemning Pokerstars, nor would I plan to not play on it again because of tonight's problem.

IMHO, I agree, that it is an almost perfect program, and I think it is the best online poker site, by far.

I wasn't sure if anyone else was having the same problem, and again, I thank the 2+2ers for the information!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:03 PM

Default Re: fair?

[ QUOTE ]
So if I read this correctly, it is quite alright that the 5 people who got disconnected and whose blinds were being pilfered should get screwed, but you should get more than your buyin back?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear exactly what you're saying, I agree with you completely. I know that giving what a mess the site is, they should probably jsut refund everyone's money. I happened to insta rebuy to 3k, get up to 5500 on hand 3 before problems, and have only taking a grand off of disconnected players. Most of my wins have been against live players. It would really stink to jsut get my money back, but again, that's probably the best way to go