Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Pushing All In Is Fun

Opponent is solid.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) converter

UTG ($257.90)
MP ($97.90)
CO ($204)
Button ($284.15)
SB ($250.30)
Hero ($310.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($13) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $20.

Turn: ($73) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $274.55</font>
Old 10-14-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Pushing All In Is Fun

i like it.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2005, 04:18 PM

that's a gross push. Hope you had a solid read.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:24 PM

What range of hands do expect to see from villian with a 3xBB raise UTG? Can't really evaluate this hand without that kind of info. There are two types of players that do this in my experience. 1) People with semi-weak hands like KQ, AQ, even KJ, medium pockets etc...
2) People who do this with monster hands like AA-QQ, AKs and think it's a better way to get action.

Which one is he?
Old 10-14-2005, 04:26 PM

Maybe I'm clueless, or just weak tight, but if villain is solid and raising from UTG, why not just muck AQ pre-flop? What hands could he be raising with that you beat? You also have terrible position for the rest of the hand. What is your plan if the flop is QXX or AXX?

If he's got KK or JJ, he's not folding the turn. Could he lay down AK or AA here? Any possibility he'd open with KJ?
Old 10-14-2005, 04:28 PM

It looked like 3xbb was standard raise from any position against no limpers
Old 10-14-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looked like 3xbb was standard raise from any position against no limpers

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there any other pattern to the game, like that was standrard for pocket pairs? I don't like wind tunneling these kinds of hands, because it could be a decent play, but considering I think a lot of your may be no good here, I approximate that you have maybe 10 outs here at best. Some may be counterfited, as it's very probably that villian has JJ or KK.
The pre-flop call is very table dependent, sometimes it's a good call, sometimes a bad call. I won't comment on that. Yet the turn push is bad imo as there is a wide range of hands that won't lay down here, so you could have very little fold equity, and you're hand equity is 20% at best. I think it's -EV, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:37 PM

wow . . . way to overbet a pot with 1/4 chance of having the best hand at showdown. Hope he folded. Don't do this anymore if you like money.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:38 PM

I dunno, UTG seems awfully eager to get his money in, are you positive your AQ outs are clean? Without them you only have 12 outs, so if he calls, you're [censored]. Is he folding more than half the time?