Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Ever OK to slow-play trips?

I know this is being results oriented, but every time I flop trips in an unraised pot, someone with a small pocket pair turns a full house on me and I lose my stack with A9 on a board of 9926 rainbow to 66.

In all seriousness my observation is that the morons at Party $25 and $50 6-max have a severe case of I don't beleive you flopped trips-itis and they will not only call with draws, but with pocket pairs fishing for the boat and even overcards and bare aces. Just bet it and they will call [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flopped KK6 with KT from the big blind. I potted the flop and got TWO callers turn was an 8 and I potted it again and they both called. River was a 4, I bet 1/2 pot, first guy folds, second guy min-raises. I made the crying call even though I knew I was beat, fully expecting to be shown 66,AK,KQ, or KJ-nope the idiot had 44. He called a PSB on two streets with an underpair to the board drawing to two outs at best. If they are willing to call with crap like this, make them pay.