Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Q6 in the BB flops 2-pairs

How's my line? Villain is TAG.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em (NL$100) <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

SB ($95.90)
Hero ($161.15)
UTG ($96.80)
MP ($53.15)
CO ($16.55)
Button ($92.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1.00, MP calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls $0.50, Hero checks.

Flop: ($5.00) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $4.00</font>, MP folds, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls $4.00.

Turn: ($13.00) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $16.00</font>, Hero calls $8.00.

River: ($45.00) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $25.00</font>, Hero calls $25.00.

Final Pot: $95.00.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Q6 in the BB flops 2-pairs

if your read is correct and he is a true TAG then you beat no hands in his range after the turn minraise.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:21 PM

PT has him on 14/7/6 after 50 hands
Old 09-11-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if your read is correct and he is a true TAG then you beat no hands in his range after the turn minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case at what point do you release the hand? on the river right?
Old 09-11-2005, 07:31 PM

Well I consider myself to be TAG. I will limp UTG with any small pocket pair TT down to 22, and AQo, and if the table is full of calling stations, AKo, and AQs. On the flop he's either betting a set or TP/TK. On the turn when you lead out, would he min-raise with TP/TK? It almost seems as if he's raising for information since you got a free play in the BB and you check/called the flop. You could easily have 57 and just hit your straight. When you call the turn/check the river it seems like you don't have a straight and he thinks his hand is good. There's $70 in the pot and it's $25 to call giving you 2.8:1 pot odds. Do you think he plays TP this way at least 60% of the time? I probably call too and curse the poker gods when he shows me 66 or 44.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I consider myself to be TAG. I will limp UTG with any small pocket pair TT down to 22, and AQo, and if the table is full of calling stations, AKo, and AQs. On the flop he's either betting a set or TP/TK. On the turn when you lead out, would he min-raise with TP/TK? It almost seems as if he's raising for information since you got a free play in the BB and you check/called the flop. You could easily have 57 and just hit your straight. When you call the turn/check the river it seems like you don't have a straight and he thinks his hand is good. There's $70 in the pot and it's $25 to call giving you 2.8:1 pot odds. Do you think he plays TP this way at least 60% of the time? I probably call too and curse the poker gods when he shows me 66 or 44.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. tip-top hand analysis.

the next question is would you have played the hand differently. Check-raise the flop and then bet the turn and for to a raise? or any other line that maximises my wins and minimises my loses?
Old 09-11-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. tip-top hand analysis.

the next question is would you have played the hand differently. Check-raise the flop and then bet the turn and for to a raise? or any other line that maximises my wins and minimises my loses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good chance I would get broke with this if he's got a set. I'm not a slowplayer and if I'm check/raising I'm often bluffing!! I would lead right out for the size of the pot on the flop hoping to get called or even better, raised by TP/TK. Top two is a hard hand to fold and if he comes over the top I might push. I would need a real good read that villain would not make this move with a hand I beat to be able to fold. Bottom two or top and bottom is a different story, but top two on an unthreatening board is hard to get away from. Any chance he would limp UTG with AA or KK?

Also, 50 hands in PT is nothing. His stats alone don't say much. My VP$IP for 6-max is about 22%, but on a really crappy day I might be as low as 14%. Have you seen any hands where he went to showdown after limping UTG?
Old 09-11-2005, 08:19 PM

Yeah, I prefer your line... That's how I usually would have played it... Fancy play syndrome I guess.

Villain showed KK and I shrugged thinking I could have extracted more out of the hand.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:45 PM

i probably dont give up, but rather call and play it safe shooting for a cheap showdown
Old 09-11-2005, 10:12 PM

Had you ever seen him limp/reraise big pairs in early position before this hand?

Gojacketz