Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Pocket Tens

SB seems like a rock, something like 4% PFR and 12% VPIP but only 60 or so hands.
Once he capped it preflop I knew I was probably up against JJ-AA or AK.
Should the low cards on the flop make me take a stab at the pot in case he has AK and its a big pot or do I go with my read and % and lay it down?

I am still learning how to take advantage of poker tracker stats and interpret them properly.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.

First hand post so sorry if I screwed something up.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Pocket Tens

I don't think you can lay this down for one bet on the turn. It looks like MP3 hit his set but I could see him with a7 as well; putting you on ak and betting his top pair and stright draw. I would call the turn and see re-evaluate on the river.

Oh, don't post results in white either. Welcome to the boards.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:54 PM

Of course can he fold this to one bet on the turn since it's likely to be one more on the river, no? MP3 is cold calling preflop and cold calling that flop and then wakes up on the turn. Something is telling me he have a drawing hand and have hit something here. I like the fold here since SB can be either sitting with overcards or an overpair here being scared of the board. I like the fold.

I'm not saying this because of the results was posted but to the poster, don't include that in the future.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, don't post results in white either. Welcome to the boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. just removed the results. Is the raise on the flop still a good play considering how tight SB is?
Old 12-25-2005, 08:15 PM

This might be a situation where we wait for the turn to raise. We can't push anything out (even naked gutshots will get decent implied odds) and with any AKQJ6 hurting our hand to varying degrees our equity will be changing a good bit on the turn.

As you played it...we need a read on MP3. He should have openraised so he can't be that great, but is he bad enough to hold 2 pair right now? Would he raise A7s here*? Regardless, SB could have scared QQ/JJ and if MP3 hit a set or was slowplaying something we're screwed. That said, we're being offered 8 to 1 odds if SB folds the river...it's awfully close I think.

* Actually that's a good question--If you were MP3 w/ A7s, would you raise this turn?
Old 12-25-2005, 08:44 PM

warning: high alochol content

merry xhmas!!

teh flop is pfine

the turn is where we need a read. what does mp3 turn donk? i would not fold to that turn. generally i think that fold is bad in that pot tho. mp3 could be donking something like two pair 4sup, and so we have some outs on da river. since this guy is an unknown i like a showdown and this pot is beek. also sorry this is such an annoying bad response to your first post.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:20 PM

Once the turn is raised I probably would slow down and call and also call the river bet that is coming. Provided the river isn't the dreaded Ace.

I don't think this line is that bad is it?
Old 12-25-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once the turn is raised I probably would slow down and call and also call the river bet that is coming. Provided the river isn't the dreaded Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

The river was the 5, there was a raise and a reraise before me. I guess easy fold then.