Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 08:21 AM

Default How do we like this river checkraise?

CO is 24/17/2, but seems to be playing even LAGgier tonight. Sort of a loose cannon. MP2 is an unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 12-02-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Re: How do we like this river checkraise?

I don't. Your cold call on the flop raise with two spades showing automatically labels you for chasing the flush. MP abviously has something, either ak, qq or maybe something like aj.

at any rate, you are most likely dominated. id call the river.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:39 AM

hey pj, i like betting. were you just going to call if MP2 bet?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey pj, i like betting. were you just going to call if MP2 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably. MP played his hand in a manner similar to AK. If he bet, I would overcall but not like it. I think the c/r gets AK to fold a non-insignificant amount of time. If he's too afraid to bet it when it rivers, he'd be too afraid to call 2 bets with it. Of course, he may have AQ/ATs and is folding anyway, but I also might get a call from CO with a worse hand. That's why I threw in the c/r, for the combined EV of getting MP to fold and CO to call. But obviously I'm not confident with it, hence the post.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:12 AM

PJ, what about check 3-betting the flop? It seems like a pretty good to time clean up some outs by folding out an AK/AQ MP2 my have.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:20 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i would usually bet. the benefit of the c/r, as stated, is to get MP2 to fold to 2 cold. i guess if he will fold AK enough of the time it is good. otherwise it is likely a hand he is folding anyway. i guess your read on CO is accurately LAG so you are quite likely ahead of him, but given MP2 was a pfr he will have AK often enough for it to be a concern, and it would be pretty sweet to fold out a better hand here(the likelihood of that happening would be the crux of the argument TO c/r i guess). like i said, i would usually bet, but i kind of like your aggressive play here as IMO it gives you the best opportunity to fold MP2 if he has AK. that does not mean it will happen, but if it was going to happen on the river this would be the only way.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:37 AM

can MP2 also have a hand like 88-----&gt;TT here?

If he does AK only happens 8 times, 88----&gt;TT happens 18 times.

Would he call here with these hands? If so, your raise may lose you money?

True
Old 12-02-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey pj, i like betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bukkake -- if you bet, MP folds, and CO raises, are you folding?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:35 AM

This was what I was thinking too.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:03 AM

At first something didn't sit right about this hand, because I didn't like calling two cold on the flop, but after thinking about it, I think it's okay. I don't know if a 3-bet would have gotten MP2 to fold or not.

I like the river check-raise, though.