Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 01:32 AM

Default CHARITY TOURNAMENT ***PLEASE READ!!!***

Dear 2+2 community,

I have seen 2+2 do many charitable acts in the past and I hope that you will all be willing to help again now. I along with several other 2+2ers have a friend (Ellis) who was severely injured in a boating accicent. Ellis is a native of Belize and is unable to afford the cost of surgery and the rehabiliation. Please visit Save Ellis to learn more about Ellis and the tragic accident that he encountered.

We have had several amazing donations made on behalf of Ellis and we hope to fully support Ellis in his road to recovery. In order to do this we obviously need to raise money and we figured a poker tournament would be a fantastic way to provide some fun and to raise money for a great cause at the same time.

We will be holding a poker tournament on Sunday June 26, 2005 at 4:30 pm EST. The tournament will be held at Paradise Poker and will be a $10 buy-in with rebuys No Limit Tournment. The tournament is a charity so we do ask that those in the money donate 50% of their winning, though a donation of 100% is welcomed. For full details please read the tournament webpage - HAND4HAND Charity Poker Tournament Webpage. For those of you who do not have a Paradise account we have purchased an ad in which you can sign up and $100 will be donated to Ellis' fund. We encourage you to sign up through the above website, through the ad we have placed in the classified ads section on 2+2 or directly through this Link to Paradise Sign Up.

The tournament truly is a great cause and we encourage all to participate. We are also accepting bounties for anyone who would like to stake extra money to add some fun to the event. Please contact us if you would like to have a bounty on you.

Also if you are unable to participate in the tournament but would like to help out the cause you can donate directly from the website Save Ellis. Payments can be made via Credit Card directly to Ellis' account or may be made through the Belizian Embassy.

I would like to thank all of you in advance as I know 2+2 will not let Ellis down. We would also like to give special thanks to GrannyMae for all of his help and advice in planning this event. Truly a saint! We would also like to thank Lorinda for all her help and guidance in ensuring the legitimacy of this event. We would also like to thank Paradise Poker for allowing us to have this tournament and also for their generous donation of $200 to the tournament pool. And of course we want to give a big thanks to the 2+2 community for providing us a means to get the word out on this event.

Please feel free to contact me Joshua Meier via pm at Sackup or via email: jmeier@gmail.com, Ryan Fried at info@SaveEllis.org or pm at Buckstop, or Dan Kaiser via pm at OscarK with any questions you may have or if you would like to be a bounty or contribute in any other way. All suggestions and help are welcomed. We hope this can be a great event and put Ellis one step closer to a full recovery.

Thank you all again very much and I hope to see you at the tables on the 26th!!
Old 06-16-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: CHARITY TOURNAMENT ***PLEASE READ!!!***

What a great community, wow! This is noble work Sack (and anyone else involved) I'll commit to the tourney, even if I can't play.

GL Ellis, speedy recovery.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:29 AM

This benefit could not be for a better guy.... Since I've known Ellis, he's been the life of every party, and he's always had my back... He can make a gourmet meal at midnight during a blackout, do a killer Michael Jackson impression.... the list goes on. Kid is one of a kind!

If anyone who plays in this tournament decides to visit Caye Caulker, Belize, the first round is on me!

See you at the tables!

Ryan
Old 06-16-2005, 09:47 PM

Thanks for the kind words and the help.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:32 PM

Just donated a bit, will donate more when I get money from my NETeller account, and a bump so everyone can see this and hopefully help out.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:37 PM

Thank you very much for your contribution.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:45 PM

I am so in. Thanks for the dedication to this cause. I am huge Ellis fan.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:38 PM

I will be gone this weekend so I won't have a chance to bump this thread up so I encourage anyone and everyone who would like to support this cause to keep it near the top so people can find out about it.

Thanks to all you have pledged support and I hope that everyone will choose to participate in one way or another.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Bump!

nt
Old 06-19-2005, 07:11 AM

just impressed....c u there.