Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 01:49 AM

Default 100NL at pokerroom.com

Just sat down at the 1-1Nl (100Nl) game at pokerroom.com
I get 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the bb. Player in middle position limps in and another in late position limps in. SB folds, I check. Flop comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
I check, MP bets 3, LP raises 6. I call and MP calls.
Turn bring me the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the straight. I check LP bets 10, I call.
River is a 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I bet allin $85 into a pot of about $40. I thought he would put me on the busted flush draw and call cuz he thought it was a fishy bet (maybe i missed my flush draw).

he calls at the last second with AK and i take down the the 203 dollar pot.

I felt this hand needed to be shared with you guys cuz i was impressed that this absurd play worked. any thoughts and comments are welcome.

laters
TheDetroitKid
Old 05-25-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Re: 100NL at pokerroom.com

Fold the flop raise the turn add him to your buddy list
Old 05-25-2005, 06:18 AM

Yeah, I would always fold the flop here to a raise and a reraise, you're only on the OESD, nothing else... I'm pretty sure you'd find you were behind to both other players at this point, not just the one with AK.

And as Octop pointed out, raising the turn would've been the better move by far. You got lucky he called your river bet, so nice pot, but not really great play IMHO.

Just wondering, when did the 3rd player drop out, you say on the flop MP bet 3, LP raised 6 and you called. Did MP fold here? Just wasnt totally clear from your post.

Anyways, nice pot this time, but you could've probably played it a lot better.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:09 PM

I have to disagree. I feel the flop call was justified with implied odds, both players had over 100 in stack. I read at that point I had at least 6 outs, probably 8 because the MP was weak and would not bet the pot on a flush draw, I had him on mid or top pair. Assuming 6 outs i was about 1/8 to hit on turn and had to call 6 dollars (assuming if i hit my jagged straight i would take a big pot). BTW to answer your question he went out on the turn (folding to the $10 LP bet). I did not raise the turn because I felt he did not put me on the jagged straight draw, but rather the flush and would bet big to protect his hand (which is what happened). After no flush card came on the river I felt a push would represent a busted flush draw and just trying to steal a pot. My read was correct and I was paid off.

laters
TheDetroitKid
Old 05-25-2005, 06:40 PM

9 times out of 10 , the implied odds just aren't there to call this big of a bet with a 5 to 1 draw. Fold on the flop.